GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Bye bye 991 GT3....Hello 997 GT2!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:30 PM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
Bye bye 991 GT3....Hello 997 GT2!

Just purchased my first turbo 911 in the form of a GT2. It was hard to part with my GT3 but I forgot about it once I drove the GT2. What an amazing machine! I'm all smiles! I attached some pics for you guys/gals.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:50 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Give us a detailed assessment of what you like and dislike about both cars. It would be hard for me to part with a NA GT for a turbo.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:38 PM
h4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to behold
beautiful! congrats!

Old 09-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Local guy huh?! Look at Gaby from The Sign Savers back there. Have we helped you before in the past?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Stunning GT2!

Old 09-09-2016, 06:24 PM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WheelB
Local guy huh?! Look at Gaby from The Sign Savers back there. Have we helped you before in the past?
Yes sir! All my wraps have been handled by Gaby and the crew at Signsavers. I have not had the pleasure of dealing with WB but there's always a first time for everything!

Old 09-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by FNG
Stunning GT2!
Thanks!

Old 09-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by MIkeGTS
Give us a detailed assessment of what you like and dislike about both cars. It would be hard for me to part with a NA GT for a turbo.
I'll have to break this down into pros and cons of each vehicle. I'm mainly going to discuss feel and emotion. I think all 911s are beautiful, looks are always a 10 for me! So here it goes...

991 GT3
Pros
1. 9k RPM rev limit and the noise that comes with it. (I had the sharkwerks track exhaust installed)
2. Handling was amazing on track (wider front track and rear-wheel steering)
3. Very linear power delivery
4. Braking was amazing
5. PDK blips and upshifts sound amazing and are very crisp

Cons

1. The car is easier to drive and has become less of a drivers car. Rear-wheel steering and PDK are to blame. GT3s were initially for "real" drivers. This has caused it to loose a bit of it's allure for me. It has become less analog. Sign of the times I guess.
2. Steering feel is not as good as the 997. The feedback is better than on the Carreras but not all there.
3. 991.2 GT3 has been confirmed to have a manual option. Values will go down on this car when that car is officially announced. Only thing that may save it is the 9k RPM engine. Looks like Porsche has abandoned 9k RPM after the issues they had.

997 GT2
Pros

1. The power is amazing and something to respect. Proven metzger engine with 530 HP and 500 ft/lbs of torque. The torque is the biggest change for me as I've always been an NA guy.
2. Steering feel is amazing. Nothing like hydraulic steering to feel the road come through the steering wheel.
3. Handling is really good for an 8-year old car. Obviously not as good as the GT3 but more challenging, which I like.
4. Manual gearbox. Enough said.
5. Turbo noise is pretty addicting! They're growing on me!
6. Only 185 cars in the US. So very rare and only going up in value.

Cons

1. Turbo exhaust notes aren't the best. This car comes with a titanium akropovic exhaust from factory, it's not horrible. I will be doing some mods to make it better. It'll never be like an NA car but I'll do my best!
2. Clutch is a bit hard for my taste but that usually comes with the territory on GT Porsches.

That's it for now. The more I drive it I think I'll add to the Pros rather than the Cons.

Last edited by miamiadjuster; 09-09-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:01 PM
h4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for your review

Old 09-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by miamiadjuster
Yes sir! All my wraps have been handled by Gaby and the crew at Signsavers. I have not had the pleasure of dealing with WB but there's always a first time for everything!
Any friend of Gaby is a friend of ours. Would be my pleasure to help you. Give me a call or shoot me over an email when ready

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:28 PM
nle833 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MIkeGTS
ordinarily true.

but from a 991 GT3 to 997 GT2....i understand.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:01 AM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
Congrats!

Old 09-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Congrats!
Thanks!

Old 09-15-2016, 04:05 AM
jairomvp is on a distinguished road
very nice choice sir

Old 09-17-2016, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by jairomvp
very nice choice sir
Thanks!!