GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got an allocation for a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:30 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
I have my allocation and at 5% below MSRP. Just what my agreement is for the next 10 yrs...going with chalk and PDK as its about speed and time for me.

Jeff

Old 04-19-2017, 10:01 PM
NGSmith is on a distinguished road
I just cant understand why they don't build enough cars to meet demand. This marketing BS makes me lose interest.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NGSmith
I just cant understand why they don't build enough cars to meet demand. This marketing BS makes me lose interest.
Exactly. Every time I read these threads, it's depressing.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:21 AM
agateGTS is on a distinguished road
I have an allocation in the fall ( not sure which month yet) and will order a graphite blue pdk. Will trade my 991.2 graphite targa4s. I live in Atlanta and the car will be a driver, so pdk is the only way to go. Had my last manual in 2013 and swore them off in traffic on 75 North.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:17 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 allocations

I don't have great standing with any dealer as I have only purchased three P cars in the last 7 years -- I checked down in Houston where I bought my last Turbo and was told theirs were already spoken for with premium customers. The MSRP deals I see on here floor me..I was always told it was going to be a big premium to get the car. Are you MSRP guys regularly buying lots of premium P cars from these dealers to get that buy? Thanks

Last edited by HpizKing; 05-29-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-29-2017, 12:24 PM
I am a good customer. 31 Porsches from same dealer since 2004 ....29 since 2011. I keep 2 at a time but only hold for a few months (my friends call it a hobby, my wife calls it insanity).

Old 05-29-2017, 12:52 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by agateGTS
I am a good customer. 31 Porsches from same dealer since 2004 ....29 since 2011. I keep 2 at a time but only hold for a few months (my friends call it a hobby, my wife calls it insanity).
that's one way to do it!! --- I am guessing though that my two youngest in their third years of Ivy med schools would not be pleased if I tried this method as I would be required to skip their tuition and rent

Old 05-29-2017, 12:59 PM
i hear ya

something to look forward to upon graduation 😎
my one was out of law school and working end of 2008...... so i got the largest raise of my life.....

Last edited by agateGTS; 05-29-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:03 PM
thanks...that is nice motivation!! I can live vicariously 'til then 'sigh'

Old 06-05-2017, 04:11 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mkrajo
First, congrats!

How did you get an allocation for MSRP? The dealers I have been talking with keep stating a $50k markup for both PDK and manual option. I'm located in California and have been talking with dealers in the SF area and a few in socal.

You decided to go with the PDK? I'm torn between PDK and manual. Looking to track the car a few times a year and hit the twisty roads but can't decide on the transmission. Just sold my 997 Turbo, which was manual and loved it but raced the current GT3, causing me to think about the PDK. I know this is a topic of debate and people on both sides have valid points - personal preference.

I don't care about resell value and I'm an owner that drives my car daily. I would love to get thoughts from everyone and see if anyone else received allocation at MSRP.

$50k markup?? Are you serious?

Also ridiculous is that I hear they're only going to build 400 GT3's. Total of the 991.2 variety. Seems way too low to me.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:14 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by White Rock
You might consider the tax savings and what that number would be with the trade in.

Of course you're going to get reamed on trade-in. It's a 2017 where you're getting slammed with depreciation right now, and to tack it on they low-ball on trade.

Consult NADAguides and ride the fun-

Chance

Old 07-03-2017, 04:56 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Are dealers still asking for markups for 2018 GT3s, PDK or not ?
I don't get this flipping game, as if cars aren't expensive already...
They say the new GT2RS will not be built in a limited number, and everyone with $300k can buy one...we will see.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:02 PM
GT3 markups

My dealer is not asking for a markup. I do not know about the GT2 however.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:16 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
That's the kind of dealer I'm looking for, please share its name. I'm in for a new Yellow GT3 6sp manual.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:31 AM
atlanta dealer

i have always worked with porsche atlanta perimeter (jim ellis porsche). great people. steven dooley is my rep. not sure if they have any excess allocation of gt3's but the call is free. good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.