GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got an allocation for a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 09:47 PM
roadking will become famous soon enough
Got an allocation for a GT3

Confirmed with my dealer today I have a Sept/Oct build for a GT3. Trying to decide whether to trade my 17' 991.2 or sell outright. The dealer is hitting me "low" on trade value by about $5K or so. Need to confirm timing/value etc. GT3 at MSRP btw. Try the market??? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:48 AM
mkrajo will become famous soon enough
First, congrats!

How did you get an allocation for MSRP? The dealers I have been talking with keep stating a $50k markup for both PDK and manual option. I'm located in California and have been talking with dealers in the SF area and a few in socal.

You decided to go with the PDK? I'm torn between PDK and manual. Looking to track the car a few times a year and hit the twisty roads but can't decide on the transmission. Just sold my 997 Turbo, which was manual and loved it but raced the current GT3, causing me to think about the PDK. I know this is a topic of debate and people on both sides have valid points - personal preference.

I don't care about resell value and I'm an owner that drives my car daily. I would love to get thoughts from everyone and see if anyone else received allocation at MSRP.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:49 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
your a dum dum if you go pdk

Old 04-09-2017, 08:51 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Oh brother. Yeah you can buy manual and be .5 slower to 60 in a performance car.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:41 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
not sure if serious or just trolling..........?

Old 04-09-2017, 11:33 PM
mkrajo will become famous soon enough
Great response and way to be educated - "dumb dumb".

I was seeking perspective from other Porsche owners but guess you can't understand.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Nine XI will become famous soon enoughNine XI will become famous soon enough
I talked with my dealer on Friday and he assured me I will get an allocation but maybe not in the first group. For sure I will get the 6-speed manual as this is the impetus to buy one. I will track the car a lot but I am not racing against others - just myself. Makes no difference to me if a great lap is 1:45 in a manual versus 1:42 in a PDK equipped car.

Just my opinion...

Old 04-10-2017, 06:16 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
^^^ Please tell me why he'd be a dum dum for going paddles ....apparently you're the authority on this subject.....

Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roadking
Confirmed with my dealer today I have a Sept/Oct build for a GT3. Trying to decide whether to trade my 17' 991.2 or sell outright. The dealer is hitting me "low" on trade value by about $5K or so. Need to confirm timing/value etc. GT3 at MSRP btw. Try the market??? Thanks in advance.
You might consider the tax savings and what that number would be with the trade in.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:54 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
OP you should test the market. Hard to believe your trade in is only $5k off what you think you could sell, not usually the case with dealers. If it were only $5k I would trade it in all day long and let them deal with it.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Oh brother. Yeah you can buy manual and be .5 slower to 60 in a performance car.
says the guy with a wobbly convertible... on lowering springs none the less

Old 04-11-2017, 08:39 PM
roadking will become famous soon enough
Stopped by the dealership today, October build. Locked in. Dealer was "OK" with me testing the market at trade time. Pretty fair IMO. He felt given the sales tax savings they would be "right in the market" at delivery. My dealer is only getting 4 cars, I am number 2. I want the PDK btw. All my prior 911's, R8's have been manual. Not tracking and for my driving in Phoenix traffic, I have zero desire to shift. Pretty excited, should be a very cool car.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
On the secondary market brokers are asking 60k over for manual and $10knover for PDk. Yes people are already traiding cars that aren't even built

Old 04-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roadking
Congrats! Very cool to get an allocation for the GT3. I would say try the market if you don't mind the hassle and are looking for a little more money than trade value.

Adam@GMP

Old 04-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
it's "you're", but I won't call you names

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.