GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.2 PASM dampers and axle lift issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Bovien is an unknown quantity at this point
997.2 PASM dampers and axle lift issue

I have just replaced my .2 PASM dampers with new. Taking a slow ride around the block, my axel lift system kept lifting. Button responds to lower the car and raise it, but the system also raises it by itself almost immediately.
Now the small connectors from the damper; I'm guessing they are only for the PASM function? Their plugs seemed to fit in both ways. No apparent guiding pin or anything? I can't activate the dampers PASM function.

Also, I have had the battery disconnected, so I have a PASM failure at startup. This usually goes away after a short drive, which I'm not able to do due to winter and road salt here in Denmark. Could this result in activating axle lift until they 'settle'?

Lastly, I have had the axle lift system down to replace a pressure switch. However this system doesn't really have anything I can think of that would result in it activating by itself. No plugs that can be reversed, and the switch I replaced is only for sending the pressure at full lift, and that works perfectly.

Any ideas?