GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

How is the market currently for a 991 GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 11:28 PM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ngoan
Thank you!

Great looking car, love the color combo. very classic, enjoy!

Old 04-09-2019, 06:58 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ngoan
I can tell you that the age pool of eligible buyers for manual cars is replenishing as much as it is depleting.
Nice 997 RS BTW, now that is a RAW car. You'll probably find the 991.1 RS a daily driver! Are you going to track it? Those prices are really stiff too, a 997 going for over $100k...
The 991.1 RS is a forelorned car as we've said. It's loud and raw yet totally eclipsed in performance and streetability by a turbo or .2 GT3.

My main question is regarding your statement. Not sure if there is any real evidence for that. Are eligible drivers in their mid-30's learning to drive stick on a GT3? Learning on a 360 Ferrari? I suppose this could be happening, but I have my doubts. After all, the universe of potential exotic owners is a very small group in itself. As a parent with driving age teens, I can tell you the high school parking lot does not have a single manual car. Not even one in ten.
Personally, I'm looking for a 2018 manual GT3. I would say that it is a great manual car with a very short throw shifter and not very heavy clutch. But the flywheel seems very light and throttle response is instantaneous, making it almost like a race car! While that is totally cool, it is a bit of a challenge to drive because you need to be focused on every shift. Lack of focus and you get jerky engagements pretty easily. Anyway, NA and manual? This is certainly going away...

Old 07-05-2019, 12:52 AM
MasterG is an unknown quantity at this point
Iron mike

what have you discovered in price realm? I've been searching for a GT3 RS now looking at GT3. I don't see the prices dropping. I don't see any deals. I think I am going to be in the $130 range for optioned car. RS's are still in my impression over priced. Am I looking in wrong place.?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:56 PM
SCIronMike is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MasterG
Iron mike

what have you discovered in price realm? I've been searching for a GT3 RS now looking at GT3. I don't see the prices dropping. I don't see any deals. I think I am going to be in the $130 range for optioned car. RS's are still in my impression over priced. Am I looking in wrong place.?
I stopped looking and purchased the Ferrari 430 Scuderia. I think used Porsche prices are a bubble waiting to burst.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:59 PM
Matte Murder will become famous soon enoughMatte Murder will become famous soon enough
I LOVE THE INTERNET!!! Only here is a monster of a car like a 991.1 RS called “slow” and 5000 miles on a 2-3 year old car called “high”.
SCironMike what is the market on Scuderia’s? What an awesome care, congrats on the purchase.
A lot of talk about car’s as investments and which one to buy based on resale. These cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed and driving these cars is expensive. But its worth it! Racing them is REALLY expensive but I don’t regret any of the money I spent on cars or racing at all. My opinion is to buy the car that you really want, drive it every chance you get, get it on the track if that’s your thing and don’t make the numbers the deciding factor in your decision.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:35 PM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Matte Murder
I LOVE THE INTERNET!!! Only here is a monster of a car like a 991.1 RS called “slow” and 5000 miles on a 2-3 year old car called “high”.
SCironMike what is the market on Scuderia’s? What an awesome care, congrats on the purchase.
A lot of talk about car’s as investments and which one to buy based on resale. These cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed and driving these cars is expensive. But its worth it! Racing them is REALLY expensive but I don’t regret any of the money I spent on cars or racing at all. My opinion is to buy the car that you really want, drive it every chance you get, get it on the track if that’s your thing and don’t make the numbers the deciding factor in your decision.
The 991.1 GT3RS is SLOW from the minute it was rolling off zuffenhausen. rolling off a brand new lightweight, crazy aerodynamic, wide front, 21 inch tire, "ho look, i got a sticker instead of a metal emblem to save weight", specially for the track and than discover that the "fat ***" "heavy" "boring" 991.1 (!) turbo S is faster even on a technical track, mean the 991.1 gt3RS is slow.
Does it sound reasonable that they manufactured such a car and never took it to the ring (officially) ? It just was too slow..
The .1 GT3RS was a mistake of a car, but a marketing genius everyone fell for the bubble and they end up making 5000 of them, when they declare on youtube "only about 2000". They should have start with the .2 GT3RS which is a different story.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Matte Murder will become famous soon enoughMatte Murder will become famous soon enough

Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Matte Murder
In opposed to you educated answer, i will educate my self to learn you probably own this under preforming noise machine.
Do your research and find out your self, even a corvette from the same year is faster on the ring, the "regular" 991.2 gt3 is WAY faster (came out only few month after).

Well, i guess some people need a real big spoiler to come by.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:08 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
It is interesting to read how this thread has devolved. Each iteration of Porsche models improve, that is not unique to GT cars, frankly it is the simple reality of how to sell more. IMHO, what makes these arguments problematic is so much is based on what will it be worth vs. what it does. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the 997 generation carries a premium. Different generation, fewer made and held in high regard for enthusiasts. It was great then and remains great now for what it is. Forward to the 991.1 RS, it is different and capable in its own right. Demand plus a surging economy allowed for many more units to be produced, which will likely be the norm moving forward, e.g. just as many (if not more), 991.2 RS were produced. Was it more refined than the .1, yep, just like every other Porsche they sell. For those serious about getting into an RS, you should be able to read between the lines with some of the perspective thrown around here. Your ability to be fast on a track has more to do with your capability than whether you have a 997 or any version 991 RS. The more veteran, seasoned drivers, will obviously experience more of the delta. So, depending on track conditions, tires and more, there are so many variables. Folks get way to caught up in what it did in the ring vs. this or that or even the last generation. I have driven and owned many cars, including Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. To each their own of course. I happen to live 10 minutes from one of the most respected Porsche independent shops in the PNW. Don't take my perspective for how incredible the 991.1 RS, ask the people who work on them.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by PSTT07
It is interesting to read how this thread has devolved. Each iteration of Porsche models improve, that is not unique to GT cars, frankly it is the simple reality of how to sell more. IMHO, what makes these arguments problematic is so much is based on what will it be worth vs. what it does. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the 997 generation carries a premium. Different generation, fewer made and held in high regard for enthusiasts. It was great then and remains great now for what it is. Forward to the 991.1 RS, it is different and capable in its own right. Demand plus a surging economy allowed for many more units to be produced, which will likely be the norm moving forward, e.g. just as many (if not more), 991.2 RS were produced. Was it more refined than the .1, yep, just like every other Porsche they sell. For those serious about getting into an RS, you should be able to read between the lines with some of the perspective thrown around here. Your ability to be fast on a track has more to do with your capability than whether you have a 997 or any version 991 RS. The more veteran, seasoned drivers, will obviously experience more of the delta. So, depending on track conditions, tires and more, there are so many variables. Folks get way to caught up in what it did in the ring vs. this or that or even the last generation. I have driven and owned many cars, including Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. To each their own of course. I happen to live 10 minutes from one of the most respected Porsche independent shops in the PNW. Don't take my perspective for how incredible the 991.1 RS, ask the people who work on them.
Preach!

Old 07-25-2019, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Of course it dependes on the driver when talking performance. most likely, on the public road a driver which his lives and the lives of others mean less to him, in a mustang, can outtake even the 2RS.

We talk about the professional drivers going to achieve the records with those car, then see which car is more capable. Bottom line, the .1 3rs is lack of performance in any indicator, straight from the second it came out (i was never referring to what it will be worth, i knew from the beginning this is not the "collectible" car everyone thought it would be back in 2016, paying 280K for it). Of course it's a great car, it's a solid lightweight Porsche which is extremely fun to drive.

But i really don't care about those bubbles. my main problem is the fact that people start fantasize about this car (or all "GT") are "special production" (vs the disgusting "mass production" of other 911) and they eliminate all other models as "mass produce" and boring, while the 3RS is the top of the line which is so far from the truth. For the 1000 times, the GT car's and RS has no special production line or team of builders,
it is not limited
it is not rare
it is not the "last" NA
it is not the last "manual"
it is not (the 3rs) the best Porsche, not the fastest and not the top of the line.
It's just another step in the line up, sharper than other models.

Live demonstration- look how dealers/youtubers/Instagramers are bragging about a 992 they got, sometime put it behind fences.. let's see in a few month this will be the one thrown in the side of the parking lot in the sun and only GT3/turbo S will be the "one"

Last edited by sniry12345; 07-26-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:02 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
SNIRY, I can appreciate your enthusiasm on the topic. You have some strong opinions. Given your deep knowledge on Porsche cars, I am confident we can agree folks shopping for an RS are typically not interested in street racing mustangs or any car for that matter. You likely also agree that someone looking to spend ~$175k on these cars today has spent time watching youtube videos and reading internet articles for some baseline performance data. The performance is less relevant now three years later. For example, let's say it did produce a "record", it would then be eclipsed by the next iteration, which will likely happen in perpetuity. In between the tough love you pose on how some folks approach buying an RS, is the heart of my point. Obviously, it is not limited production like 997 4.0 RS; however, as you pointed in an earlier post, it is quite different than anything they make, including the GT3. And that, is the attraction for these cars. It will always be relevant for that very reason. It doesn't need to be limited, fastest or manual, it is still an RS. And with that comes the light weight construction and unique attributes.

Cheers!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:52 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
I will be buying a GT3RS because I like the way it looks and if I want to go light to light I will drive my TTS. But I will not over pay and will pull the trigger for a CPO .2 RS 4.0 when and if I can find one that is under 150k. If not then a 2021 TTS will be the next daily driver.