GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need Help Identifying Which Trackday Camera Setup I can use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 02:11 PM
uracowman will become famous soon enough
Need Help Identifying Which Trackday Camera Setup I can use

All,

I posted this over in the 991 subforum, but I figure I might get some more responses here given the GT3 crowd. About a month ago, I purchase a 991 GT3. When I bought the vehicle, I had a few wires the previous owner installed that feed a trackday recording setup:
  • two wire ends sticking out of the dash (pictured)
  • two wire ends contained in the armrest storage console (pictured)
  • two wire ends at the inner cage in the rear (not pictured)
  • a microphone at the top of the a-pillar with a switch at the footwell (not pictured)
Can someone help me out on how this setup would work here? I am interested in picking up a camera setup, but I'm trying to find out which ones are compatible. From what I am seeing online, does this goes into an AiM Smartycam?
  • From what I can tell, I have to use a camera that connects to the AV cable pin connectors. Which ones on the market would work here because I am assuming these are just standard pin connectors and not proprietary ones? Just based on the setup, I don't think it's a gopro setup because on the pin connectors.
  • Secondly, I am assuming the two wires in the center storage console end up at the ones on the center of the cage. If a camera attaches onto the cage, what would the wires in the armrest console connect into?
Thanks everyone.

Dash wires

Armrest Storage Console

Last edited by uracowman; 03-18-2019 at 02:13 PM.