GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Autotrader GT3 for 73,950???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Autotrader GT3 for 73,950???

This makes me very cautious. Does anyone know anything about this car? It seems so cheap, something has to be up. I wonder what is wrong with it. I would buy the car tomorrow if it was in perfect condition

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=1700

Old 05-25-2006, 12:04 AM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
looks shady..
GT3's with 10K plus miles or so can get more than that on a trade in..
Its been there for awhile too.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
If it checks out you better buy it before someone else doe now that you advertised it.
They will not drop much lower then this for 3-5 years.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Eric 993TT is on a distinguished road
If you check that car with Carfax, it's been in an accident with airbags deployed. Not sure about the extent of the damage though.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:54 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
eric thanks for the info on the carfax. That probably explains the price. I am going to stay away from this one. I knew it was too good to be true.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 AM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Find out how bad it was and lowball them.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:23 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
If you check that car with Carfax, it's been in an accident with airbags deployed. Not sure about the extent of the damage though.
Interesting that the ad says "CARFAX CERTIFIED." I guess that says they have a Carfax report, but says nothing about the contents of the report.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:32 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
FWIW,
During my search a couple of months ago, I came across a couple of over 12k mile cars in the high $70's. This car's accident will obviously diminish the value. Call the dealer and find out if it has ever been in an accident. You know it has but see how they handle themselves and see if they have info about it. I would stay away from this car even at $65k just because of the airbag deployed accident.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
yea I am not opposed to paying a premium for the right car. I am making a large jump into a GT3 and spending almost out of my range but thats ok, I will be able to handle it. What I do not want to do is settle for the wrong car. I am anxious to get one, but not in a rush because that will only lead me to making the wrong purchase.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:28 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I know that car, it wrecked at a DE last year, I remember his CA plates. It was wacked pretty good on the left front. Pass.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
It's sad to see people not disclosing car's history. There should be a law against such practice. The current law requires the buyer to ask.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:59 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Was it the car that recked at Road Atlanta?

Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 PM
MetalSolid will become famous soon enough
You can have my SY with 24k miles for 90K!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:00 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Did anyone else receive this notice of posting, which I do not see here? (BTW, this is NOT a GT3. It says it's a Targa and a Carrera with a GT3 package. Another scam?)

Dear LTCJMRamos,

vincentdds has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Autotrader GT3 for 73,950??? - in the GT3/GT2/GT forum of 6speedonline.com Forums.

This thread is located at:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...9&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Here's a GT3 for $60K
Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem)

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
6speedonline.com Forums

Last edited by LTCJMRamos; 05-26-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:09 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, that car isn't worth too much considering you can get a clean one for around $80k. What's another $5k for a clean vehicle?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Autotrader GT3 for 73,950???