GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 Cup Engines For Sale 0 hours!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
997 GT3 Cup Engines For Sale 0 hours!

2 997GT3 Cup Engines For Sale with 0 hours on them.

These are not rebuilds these are 0 hour factory engines with only factory dyno and test time on them.

Serious inquries only please

Package deal available for both engines.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
90PSI is on a distinguished road

Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 PM
white)2abbit will become famous soon enough
If this were a forum populated by a lot more uninformed individuals, I'm sure some guy would try to stick one of these in his Honda Civic

Old 08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
How much?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by white)2abbit
If this were a forum populated by a lot more uninformed individuals, I'm sure some guy would try to stick one of these in his Honda Civic

I dont think one of these would run in a honda civic.. LOL

Old 08-22-2007, 02:05 PM
white)2abbit will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
I dont think one of these would run in a honda civic.. LOL
Haha definitely not!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Fabryce how long does it take to break in a GT3 cup motor. I am wondering how stupid it is to break in our street motors for 2000miles or what ever it is.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:46 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I think the most important question yet to be asked in this thread is .......... How hard would it be to swap this into a street car.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:50 PM
TSP-MIAMI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Paris_CarreraS
How much?
A ROLEX spec motor will cost you $55,000 + shipping to your door from PMNA.

Theo

Old 08-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Fabryce how long does it take to break in a GT3 cup motor. I am wondering how stupid it is to break in our street motors for 2000miles or what ever it is.
The engines are broken in on the dyno.. When they are in the cars they are ready to race.

It has been my experiance to brake in street engines the way you are going to drive them. Vary the engine load and RPM's . Dont buzz them to redline.
They are ready to go....

I dont know about the 2000 miles break in period that porsche specifies.
Never used this as the "golden rule" and never had a problem with engines or oil consumption either. Some of our clients who have stuck to the 2000 mile rule are experiencing oil consumption ..

Again, this is just my experiance and by no way the rule..

The engines will work in street cars. However they are not set up for vario cam nor are they E-gas electronic throttle.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TSP-MIAMI
A ROLEX spec motor will cost you $55,000 + shipping to your door from PMNA.

Theo
As long as you are an existing customer and have a cup car..... Otherwise get in line..

Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
TSP-MIAMI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
As long as you are an existing customer and have a cup car..... Otherwise get in line..

Amen to that !!

Theo

Old 08-22-2007, 06:20 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Fabryce thats great!!! Thanks There is a guy on Rennlist complaining about
no torque in his GT3. I told him its not a TT and needs to be driven in the 5-8400 range to take advantage of the power. He said he hasnt broken it in yet and has driven only a 1000 miles and has not got over 4K!!!! I said how can you complain about torque if you havent driven it yet!!
So how long do you recommend we do the varying loads?
Also how many hours does a cup motors sit on the dyno for break in?

Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
jtrichel is on a distinguished road
i have always heard that the best way to break in an engine is to significantly vary loads, gears, speeds, RPM, etc. for the first 2000 miles, but during that time to not get crazy with RPM (i.e. keep it in the 5k range, no more)

this advice came from a porsche mechanic, and sounds pretty much like what we are saying here in the thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:18 PM
StuartFirm will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by white)2abbit
You mean it won't fit???? Damn, the luck. And I just saw a good deal on a donor Civic the other day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Cup Engines For Sale 0 hours!