Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Anyone using a Gallardo as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by swordsman
Just my personal opinion but I woud not use it as daily driver, my current F430 offers a smoother ride and easier to manuver on a daily basis than my previous Gallardo SE.
Wow, that's really surprising. I've never been in either let alone driven either, but still from what you see and read about these cars, that's not what you hear.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Anything would be much much more DD then my previous car's, and why I was thinking about getting one since prices are so damn low. I figure I can drive it a lot, with warranty and not lose too much from this point on, but in the back of my mind I know I wont drive SUCH a car as much as I say I will!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
I have 11k miles on my car....I drive it 3-5 days a week. Never had a problem....cars move over when I come up behind them. Parking was a problem....then I upped the insurance. Now if it is gone when I come back I get to buy a Murci.....there are no negatives. Far more satisifying than a Porsche, far rarer than a Ferrari 360/430. I have been a meandering sports car purchaser for many years, till this point. I have owned Porsche turbo's, an NSX, and M3's, driven Ferrari's, there is nothing like a Lamborghini.

Only other cars I would consider at this point would be a Pagani Zonda F or a Koenigsegg CCX or a used Mc Laren F1.

Last edited by kinnsella; 12-06-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 PM
lilindienplaya is on a distinguished road
most people show a sign of respet when your in a top notch car, with that being said i did say MOST some people are jelouse s.o.b.s

Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
most people show a sign of respet when your in a top notch car, with that being said i did say MOST some people are jelouse s.o.b.s
That's the case almost everywhere in the world.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Id rock one... I can imagine the attention, I get a lot for my pcar and for being 25

Old 12-06-2007, 09:06 AM
JDMstar is on a distinguished road
wow a Gallardo as a daily driver. i've been thinking about picking one up in the future after i finish college. how much do they go for at average? and is the insurance a grip to pay? the Gallardo and SLR have been my 2 favorite cars for a while already, but the SLR seems more like a fantasy car, cause the price is just wayyyyy to high lol.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:06 PM
TAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hdsr09
Hehehe.... This was in Dallas when I was at Lamborghini of Dallas looking at a G... He was pulling out of the dealership... Car still runs though, and I believe he is still on the ORIGINAL CLUTCH.... I dunno if I believe that, although I guess it is possible???
Im pretty sure I know this guy, but its not his only car, he has a audi on HREs, and his GF has a C6 on Z06 wheels.

Hes a really cool guys and he even has a few mods, drives the HELL out of the car and drives it everywere, hes always harping on how maintenace free it has been.

He brings it up to the shop alot and sits and bull****s with us. We put the tires on his audi, did the wheels on the C6, and had some black gallardo wheels done for the gallardo.

He always says its been REALLY reliable.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JDMstar
wow a Gallardo as a daily driver. i've been thinking about picking one up in the future after i finish college. how much do they go for at average? and is the insurance a grip to pay?
Keep dreamin, buddy...

Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 PM
JDMstar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Keep dreamin, buddy...
dang foreals? it's that much?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Cedric will become famous soon enough
What are some of the maintenance costs like?
Don't they have to remove the bumper and pull out the engine just to change something as minor as a oil filter for instance?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prince Ced
What are some of the maintenance costs like?
Don't they have to remove the bumper and pull out the engine just to change something as minor as a oil filter for instance?
7,500 mile service is $900
15,000 mile service is $1,800

Build a relationship with a dealer and they wil take care of you.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned
Scuderia-f430 is on a distinguished road
O yea, a stupid was sitting on my car having fun with another friend and when I saw the mf,he said What ???? you are leaving ??? I told him MARICON get off my car,I hate to look for a place to park.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM
SuperVixen is on a distinguished road
I've got a couple customers that daily drive their Lambos. Not because they don't have a choice, but because they prefer it. One guy lives in SoCal and drives to NorCal all the time in it. He has a 2005 with 25,000 miles. I've talked to him about wear and tear and the only complaint he had was a blowout on the way to SF one time. You still have to bring the car in once a year or every 7,500 miles for service.

I've got another customer that recently traded his G in for an LP. He put 9,000 miles in 11 months on the G. He already has 1500 miles on the LP. He didn't have any issues with his G. He's not driving the LP as much as he works in downtown SF and it's harder for him to park at his work because the LP is wider and lower.

These cars are definitely much more reliable and lower maintenance than the previous models. Costs are more affordable too.

Last edited by SuperVixen; 12-12-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Exactly, a Gallardo as DD is matter of choice. As Gallardos must be 2nd but most likely 3rd or 4th cars. When I worked at Porsche in Mexico we did a study and found out Porsches down here were mostly 3rd cars. So when someone thinks of a Gallardo as DD must be by mere choice as they must have other cars to drive, is not like they are trading their Accord for the Gallardo. If you have other cars reliability becomes secondary and the only thing to assume is cost but if you can afford the Gallardo purchase cost, service, insurance and depreciation must not be much of a problem, if they are then you just can't afford it and thus can't think of it as DD.

Choice is also made in respect to needs and usage because in some cases a Gallardo just couldn't work. If you work or have kids most likely is discarded as DD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Gallardo as a daily driver