Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo vs 997 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
Gallardo vs 997 turbo?

Hey guys,

I was about to order a 997tt, but a friend of mine (who is a Lamborghini dealer) offered me a MY07 Gallardo with a similar price to 997tt, he did a huge discount. And it's a fully loaded car. I got some question marks that I need to be answered, here they are :

1)I used to have an another 997tt, but just used it about 2 months, so I don't count myself as I owned one, would I regret if i get the lambo instead of a new turbo?
2)I have never used a lamborghini before, so I dont know if its more fun than a turbo?
3)What is the performance difference between two? If its noticable different, then do I have the modding choices for gallardo as much as a turbo? And what is the non-risk modded level of the car?
4)when is the new gallardo going to come out, is it sooner than 2 years?
5)My garage is not so available for very low bumpered cars, my 997tt could barely have go in without scratching, friend said that gallardo could be heightened with a button, how much could it go up? I don't want to go crazy about scratching the bumper, I'm a very careful man about my car

What do you think I should do?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by 997ttguru; 02-10-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned
Hovik is on a distinguished road
1. I don't think you would regret
2. I think yes
3. Performance is not much different, depends on a driver, I've witnessed a race between a 6 speed 07 gallardo and 997TT tip from 30-130 and the Gallardo was a car length ahead, but the G didn't have a passanger, 997TT did. Other than TTing the Gallardo at Heffner's for around 50K there aren't many modding options for performance, but a TT Gallardo can hit around 1000hp (check the other threads in the section for g-force's TT).
4. New facelifted version of the Gallardo is rumored to be announced in Geneva next month
5. It goes up pretty high, if you 997TT had no problems climbing in and out the G won't either.

Which dealer are you buying from?
My suggestion would be to test drive one!

Hope this helps...

Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 PM
rotus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hovik
5. It goes up pretty high, if you 997TT had no problems climbing in and out the G won't either.
+1.

I have a (non turbo) 2005 997 and my 2008 G with front end lift has better ground clearance

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I like them both. The Lambo is a great looking car (all of the new models) but could not even come close to the 997 TT in performance. I have a 996TT and I race Gallardos all of the time and at the end of third, they are three car lengths behind me.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by robertp
I like them both. The Lambo is a great looking car (all of the new models) but could not even come close to the 997 TT in performance. I have a 996TT and I race Gallardos all of the time and at the end of third, they are three car lengths behind me.
Porsches are very mod-able, and I won't argue that a modded Porsche can't beat a Gallardo because it will.
Gallardos also vary performance wise from year to year. 06+ has more HP, shorter gear ratio and some more improvements, Superleggera even more so...
In complete stock form 997TT and 07 Gallardo are not far from each other performance wise. It'll be a driver's race.
When it comes down to such a small difference in performance I don't see why it would matter to anyone! Gallardo looks so much better, driving is so much more fun, even when doing the speed limit. TT it and there's no Porsche out there that could stand a chance at beating it.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
All lambos are great looking cars. Since I am Italian, I find it hard not to drive an Italian car.

If you TT a Gallardo, you are well into $230,000. If you spend that much on a 997TT or a stock 997 GT2, no contest. Porsche wins. I race these cars on a weekly basis and have yet to lose to any Gallardo. The only Lambo that pulls me is the 2008 LP640. I have a good friend that has one and we have fun every week tooling around OC.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned
997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all997ttguru is a name known to all
the answers are pretty much enlightened me, but i still don't know But I guess I'm going to go with 997tt, coz I'm not finished with that car yet and the gallardo's facelift is going to be soon. plus 997tt is much more newer face than gallardo.

I'm not in NYC, I'm in Istanbul, so I don't know that you know the dealer

Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned
Very cool!
oh and about the TTing cost... you can get an 04 G for 125K+50K TTing that's $175K

Old 02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
An 07 G for 911tt price?! I'd kill for that. You can normally get an 04 or maybe an 05 gallardo for the price of a tt depending on options.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
$175,000 is still not cheap. The thing about the Lambos is that they look great and sound event better. I am just glad that I live in Orange County, CA and am able to compare my car to most of the other sports and modified cars manufactured all over the world.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 997ttguru
the answers are pretty much enlightened me, but i still don't know But I guess I'm going to go with 997tt, coz I'm not finished with that car yet and the gallardo's facelift is going to be soon. plus 997tt is much more newer face than gallardo.

I'm not in NYC, I'm in Istanbul, so I don't know that you know the dealer
997 tt is also getting minor facelift and hp upgrades this year.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gasman
An 07 G for 911tt price?! I'd kill for that. You can normally get an 04 or maybe an 05 gallardo for the price of a tt depending on options.
the gallardo is really loaded, even got the tv on it. and its a 07 that's the main reason that keeps me thin k about it.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
The Lamborghini is a great car, I have owned a G. The tt is going to be a much better daily driver. You get similar if not better performance with the tt and you actually have some space for more than a briefcase.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
You have a one night stand with the G... you marry the 997tt-
I've had seat time in both and without a doubt, if put to it I'd purchase the 997tt. The power you can make with simple bolt on's is really staggering and I know this is in the Lambo section, but for putting a smile on my face on the occasional drive, I'd still take the 997tt - As a car to use more often, the Porsche takes it hands down.

Thats not to say you can't DD a Gallardo however- as I know a number of guys that actually do this, but thats the very thing that makes it unusual... I can remember guys who DD their Gallardo, when someone tells me their 997tt is the car they normally drive I think, "Well yeah, why not?"

It's pretty obvious you can't go wrong with either car and a lot of guys would love to be in such a pickle

Enjoy it in good health.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Similar price? GET THE G!!!

More exotic, more fun, fast enough, etc.
You can do some Tubi Exhaust and Fabspeed intake - add a little power and response, lovely sound/looks, etc...
And yes, electronic suspension.
What color?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo vs 997 turbo?