Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Touch up paint stick.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Touch up paint stick.

Hi, whilst detailing my G Spyder, came accross a nasty chip. My question is can I get a touch up stick or do I have to get dealer to make some up specifically. My Color is the Pearl Yellow.

Would you attempt to do it yourself or let a paintshop do it. My experience is that with a paint shop some just want to charge you more as you have an expensive car and that the actual job is no better than I have seen on lesser vehicles.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
sinned is on a distinguished road
www.paintscratch.com buy some clear coat bottle as well. I always mix the base coat and clear when applying touch up, use 2000 grit wet sand it level and use rubbing compound or scratch remove to shine it up...

Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor
Richard@M-World will become famous soon enough
You can do it yourself, but it takes a lot of patience and experience to do it perfectly. I would recommend taking it to a scratch repair expert. Bodyshops are only good at repairing bodies and painting complete panels.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:17 PM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
for the pearl there are actually 2 yellow coats, plus the clear coats I had a qualified body shop mix me up the two yellows and along with a small brush, apply the base yellow and the second on top, i did not do the clear with a small scratch as the coverage was ok..next time ill take the paint and head to a reputable detailer as it is not as easy as it looks!

Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rldzhao
You can do it yourself, but it takes a lot of patience and experience to do it perfectly. I would recommend taking it to a scratch repair expert. .
Good advice. It will look worst if you touch it up yourself.
See a Pro.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:26 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Thanks for the advice everyone, now just got to find a pro that can do it properly!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
cherzra will become famous soon enoughcherzra will become famous soon enough
Have a pro do it. A good detailer might have some useful advice too, and they won't try to "sell" you something right away like a paint shop might.