Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Need help in reading my E-gear report

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Need help in reading my E-gear report

Can anybody help me read the report I received on the e-gear on a car I'm interested in

Thanks

Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 PM
RedGTS will become famous soon enough
What is your question exactly? At the top of the snap it should tell you the difference between the closed clutch position now and when it was new, and you have around 7-8mm to use if I recall correctly. So if the difference between the two positions now is say 1mm, the car has used around 1/7th or 1/8th of the clutch.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Yes ...it says 18.4 when new and 18.2 now ...diff of -0.2

But the report has many other things also (4 pages)....does this report show the over revs or is that another report that I need?

Thanks very much

Old 10-15-2009, 07:17 AM
RedGTS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bosco42
Yes ...it says 18.4 when new and 18.2 now ...diff of -0.2

But the report has many other things also (4 pages)....does this report show the over revs or is that another report that I need?

Thanks very much
Well it sounds like the clutch is pretty much brand new, but I don't know much about all the other data. I've never heard of the e-gear snap showing overrevs though-my guess is that would be in a different report.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RedGTS
Well it sounds like the clutch is pretty much brand new, but I don't know much about all the other data. I've never heard of the e-gear snap showing overrevs though-my guess is that would be in a different report.

I agree. I think the overrevs would come from the LDAS data.

Also does an e-gear car overrev? I thought the ECU would prevent that?

Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
You are right he sent me the LDAS report afterwards.....can still over rev if you are shifting manually with the paddles

Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Ag02M5 has a spectacular aura aboutAg02M5 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bosco42
You are right he sent me the LDAS report afterwards.....can still over rev if you are shifting manually with the paddles
I doubt that as it is electronically controlled. The computer will not let you select a gear that will put you past redline. Going up, the rev limiter obviously keeps you from going over.

From my discussion with techs...what it does tell you is information about time spent at redline and last time it hit it.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ag02M5
I doubt that as it is electronically controlled. The computer will not let you select a gear that will put you past redline. Going up, the rev limiter obviously keeps you from going over.

From my discussion with techs...what it does tell you is information about time spent at redline and last time it hit it.
That's what I've heard as well. The egear won't let you downshift into a gear that would cause an overrev.

"
With E-gear, it is impossible to make a gear selection (in any mode) that will result in over-rev or gearbox damage. This means an e-gear will always be a safer long term used buy IMO, as it's impossible to crash gears, over-rev the engine and generally abuse the car. The manual (shiny stick, very phallic, can't miss it, also sold as a paper weight! ) has no such safe guards and requires driving properly to avoid damage. E-gear is more 'idiot' proof, but comes with it's own quirks, as you'll know. "

Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gasman
has no such safe guards and requires driving properly to avoid damage.
I don't think that is quite true either.

There is a rev limiter going up on most manuals so SOME safe guard.

However, it can't protect an over-aggressive downshift or a missed upshift with a lower gear pull.

The rev limiter won't save you from mechanical overrev.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ag02M5
I don't think that is quite true either.

There is a rev limiter going up on most manuals so SOME safe guard.

However, it can't protect an over-aggressive downshift or a missed upshift with a lower gear pull.

The rev limiter won't save you from mechanical overrev.
That quote, I think, is saying that in a true manual you can't protect from overrev like an egear will.

Wait, I see what you are saying, the rev limiter will protect you somewhat, but only if you are revving up. That is true and like you said with a true manual you won't protect with the wrong downshift.

Last edited by Gasman; 10-15-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: i figured out what was being said.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gasman
That quote, I think, is saying that in a true manual you can't protect from overrev like an egear will.
Agree. All good.

Edit: Hope I didn't come off like a ******. Just trying to be helpful.

Last edited by Ag02M5; 10-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.