Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Guy sells everything and drives Lambo for 91k miles!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
It amazes me how often the phrase "people are no damned good" crosses my mind when I'm on the net.

I have a Joe Corporate America job and as a side duty I oversee an employee group as the guy that distributes information and filters it. I get internet versions of stories about Veterans and whilst not keeping up with the actual stats, I would say at least 75% of what I get is either BS or at least modified versions/half truths of what were originally pretty good stories. People are no damned good seems to fit quite often. I like the internet generally, but especially on that medium, why do people have to BS and lie so much?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 PM
raidentech can only hope to improve
I'm sure the narrator really exagerate on some points. For $180k, I think he got a used Gallardo. And that used Gallardo might have some milleage to it. I assume he slept in the car too? Hehe, but interesting story nevertheless.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I just wonder about the up keep on this car

this would be one hell of a story if he did not have it serviced at all. I can tell you this would have been one hell of an expensive venture just from a rubber stand point. I have to replace the rears on my car ever 5000 miles to the tune of about a 1000 bucks

Old 08-01-2010, 10:40 PM
johnnyreb2010 is on a distinguished road
it was a hoax

Originally Posted by Jargan
I bet it would them a ton of free press if Lamborghini stepped in and gave him a new free motor. I bet no one has 91K miles on a Lamborghini.
if you read the comments, sounds like a guy that knew him spilled the beans, & said all of this was a bunch of lies & bull****. did nobody not read the comment section

Old 08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
tofi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by johnnyreb2010
if you read the comments, sounds like a guy that knew him spilled the beans, & said all of this was a bunch of lies & bull****. did nobody not read the comment section
Well anyone can say anything. This guy might have been making up a story, but you'd think the writer/reporter would have done at least some investigation to the story. On the other hand, I could post a comment right now on the site saying I am the Prince of Zamuda. Who would know?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
GoingGreen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tofi
Well anyone can say anything. This guy might have been making up a story, but you'd think the writer/reporter would have done at least some investigation to the story. On the other hand, I could post a comment right now on the site saying I am the Prince of Zamuda. Who would know?
I would know because I am the price of Zamuda!

Haha see

Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 AM
The Iceman is on a distinguished road
I say good for him . Why buy a car and just let it collect dust , put some miles on it and enjoy it . Too bad he still owes money on it tho

Old 08-04-2010, 07:22 PM
johnnyreb2010 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GoingGreen
I would know because I am the price of Zamuda!

Haha see
+1 going green, that was too good

Old 08-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
I still think that he should have gotten laid more often!!!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM
GeoffM is on a distinguished road
lambo should get that thing back up and running for him, great PR...

Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
TAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the rough
Sorry for the late post, my buddy just directed me to this thread. I teched my first year in college and I put tires on the lambo (well me and some friends did, we worked at the same place). He is a pretty cool guy, he would hang out at the shop and talk to a bunch of college freshman about stuff he'd fabricated and his lambo. Always a nice guy, took some of us for rides.

I believe the car was maintained though, always seemed to take great care of it, he did run the hell out of it though, haha. Last time I talked to him it was at 84K and unfortunately havent seen him since.

Alot of the stuff in the story I heard years ago and hes never given me a reason to disbelieve him.

I think Ill stop by his shop and say hi.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
that's awesome

Old 09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
This guy was on The Car Show with Adam Corolla on the Speed Network a few weeks ago. He said the motor is blown and sitting in his living room.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hua
This guy was on The Car Show with Adam Corolla on the Speed Network a few weeks ago. He said the motor is blown and sitting in his living room.
Yes thank you for bringing clarity to this. I also believe he said he got 31 tickets along the way in various states? Yes 31 or some ridiculous number like that.

And yes he said the motor is gone and the car is now a coffee table basically.

I'm a huge Top Gear (UK) fan and I find The Car Show to be much better than Top Gear (America) and they're very accurate, so I think they have it right and checked the story of the guy.

Very well done to the driver of this car. He did an epic roadtrip.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:53 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Whatever happened for the time people went out for a jog cross the country when they were very sad? Forrest Gump did it!