Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

New to Lamborghini, just bought my first

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Savile Row is on a distinguished road
New to Lamborghini, just bought my first

I just purchased a low mileage Gallardo Spyder a few days ago. I drove another rare marque for years that I am very familiar with. I am posting for any advice from fellow Lamborghini drivers as I am in new unfamiliar territory (service, mods, driving etc). I might add now I see why Lamborghini owners were so enthusiastic about their cars.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:13 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Do you have some pictures you can share?

Old 12-10-2011, 01:52 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Check out Underground Racing for performance. Congrats.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
New to Lamborghini

I don't have any pics yet. The color is Blu Fontus and the Ivory/cream seats. The dashboard is black as is the soft top. I picked it Saturday. It is a very rare color combo I am finding out. Anyhow it is an amazing car. I am seeing just how well they are put together.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the purchase!! Post pics when you get the chance to.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Destructo will become famous soon enoughDestructo will become famous soon enough
Congrats. I've got to ask, you didn't do any research about the maintenance, driving or mods before buying? You're a brave man. Congrats on the acquisition though. PM me if you have any questions. I can either answer them or point you to them. You have a good group in the ATL area.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
New to Lamborghini

I've known a few Lamborghini owners for quite sometime and I have asked them enoguh questions, where they are in a coma. My observation/testimonials is that these are not breakdown cars like F-cars (knock on wood). I maintain my cars religiously. There is however some knowledge or "inside" tips other owners may tell me about. Am I a brave man? No,..when I see the natives running I don't stand around. Right now they all seem content. I had Aston Martins and they did not give me a lick of problems. I'm hearing the same about Lambos. My sales person in Atlanta is a Lamborghini "sommelier" who owns one personally. He has steered me away from problem cars and towards the less problem cars. He knows I don't like to fix things but will maintain my cars...as I should. I should note, that of all the exotic owners, Lamborghini people are the most personable and the most colorful personalities to hang out with. Never a dull moment with them. We do have awesome support and popularity of Lamborghini cars here in Atlanta.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
cat1pro will become famous soon enoughcat1pro will become famous soon enough
congrats on the new purchase. the only bit of advice is to enjoy the moment.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:12 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
congrats on the gallardo.

here are some tips that I can think of
1. egear, to avoid jerking, alway start from a dead stop. do not start from a slow roll
2. put gear in neutral when you coast to a red light. don't let the gear drop to first gear.
3. don't keep the front lift up for too long. definitely lower it when parked.
4. check your oil level properly. refer to manual and the little sticker in the engine bay
5. change the rear diff oil often w redline mt-90

Last edited by djantlive; 01-07-2012 at 12:17 AM.