Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo 04-05 vs 997TT 07-09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by c21realestategu

I personally feel that replacing a clutch that often is absolutely absurd.........I have a Z06 and a clutch installed would be $1300 and I would expect it to last 100000 miles.......
I agree with you but that was the Achilles' tendon for the Italian cars back in the early models (2004-2005) Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati they all have the same problem....

As I said you can replace the clutch for a Kevlar and it will last you 60.000 miles...

The corvette C5 was a bad car... I had to replace the transmission when my car had 7,000 miles... And my friend who had a c5 Z06 did it too

I also had a Z06 2008 and it was fast, aggressive and good car!

Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Brody will become famous soon enough
If you have to be concerned about the possibilty of putting a new clutch in years down the road you can't afford an exotic.
Most 04's and 05's have had them replaced already anyway with better ones and upgraded software.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 AM
c21realestategu is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Brody
If you have to be concerned about the possibilty of putting a new clutch in years down the road you can't afford an exotic.
Most 04's and 05's have had them replaced already anyway with better ones and upgraded software.

Glad to hear that there is an upgraded clutch available.......I have driven a few Gallardo's as a pal was interested in trading his 328 Ferrari for one. I can't fathom why one with reasonable intelligence would consider an automobile of this type with such outrageous flaws......? I felt like I was driving a kit car especially the 04 with the auto. The 08 I drove was a better car. I put a lot of miles on my cars and the thought of a yearly clutch job at $7000 is pure insanity imo.....

Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 AM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
Leo, I would do some research on those Kevlar clutches before you jump into that boat. There have been some not so happy customers with those. My understanding is the latest series of the stock clutch is the best option (I forget the letter).

Old 08-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Brody will become famous soon enough
Even the worst early model Gallardo, on its worst day is built a hundred times better (fit and finish, materials and workmanship)
than the best dime 'o dozen Corvette could dream of being.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Leo, I would do some research on those Kevlar clutches before you jump into that boat. There have been some not so happy customers with those. My understanding is the latest series of the stock clutch is the best option (I forget the letter).
Thank you for calling me out! I will make sure I do some more research before I do anything! But I be fine for 2 years or more... My car has 76% of clutch...

Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM
c21realestategu is on a distinguished road
Even the worst early model Gallardo, on its worst day is built a hundred times better (fit and finish, materials and workmanship)

Obviously you haven't been in a late model Vette.........

Old 08-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
+1

The new corvette is s cheap copy of the Italian cars....

Drive it for 20k and the car will be making weird noises everywhere....

Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
As an owner on an 04 Gallardo, it's hard for me to imagine that it's faster than a 997TT. If you want the speed, go for the 997TT...if you want the experience of an exotic, absolutely go for the 04/05 Gallardo. I've had my car for 6 years and its been bulletproof...my car also had an early clutch change, FYI.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by emissary
As an owner on an 04 Gallardo, it's hard for me to imagine that it's faster than a 997TT. If you want the speed, go for the 997TT...if you want the experience of an exotic, absolutely go for the 04/05 Gallardo. I've had my car for 6 years and its been bulletproof...my car also had an early clutch change, FYI.
I just trade my 07 997TT and .... I didn't really had it for that car... I had more fun with my Z06 & my 06 Viper...

The 997TT is a good car, fast, excellent handle but plain.... If you are not going fast it feels like you are driving a Nissan 350Z...

It's a very classic looking car... But I'm more into the wild side...

Old 08-08-2013, 08:06 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I just trade my 07 997TT and .... I didn't really had it for that car... I had more fun with my Z06 & my 06 Viper...

The 997TT is a good car, fast, excellent handle but plain.... If you are not going fast it feels like you are driving a Nissan 350Z...

It's a very classic looking car... But I'm more into the wild side...
I'm sure the tip in your 997TT was responsible for some of the missing "fun".

Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Its hard to chime in here with soo much being talked about. Leo is right...my 997tt was far and away one of the finest Porsches most peple will ever see...modded to the hilt..fast...and no corners cut. That being said....I have owned some seriously well done cars (not a damn Bugatti or anything close) and I have to say....I am sooo beyond happy w my "downgrade" to my 04 (6 speed..3600 mile) Gallardo I cant even put it into words. For some reason losing almsot 300hp and losing 20mph off my 1/4 mile trap just doesnt seem to bad at 7500rpm.
As far as Vettes go...you really cant go wrong w a nice, clean well modded C6Z but looking back would I trade the Gallardo or my previous 997tt for TWO of them? Obviously not.
As far as Gallardo clutches go....Im certainly no expert but swapping in a newer model Lambo clutch in a few thousand miles and having to do it again in another 15k-20k is just part of the game.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I'm sure the tip in your 997TT was responsible for some of the missing "fun".
I will say so and also I burn out myself switching exhaust and parts....

Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Leo you are gonna straight up **** yourself on your 1st drive. Trust me. In for pics!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Leo you are gonna straight up **** yourself on your 1st drive. Trust me. In for pics!
I can't wait!!! The trucker is in Orlando! He be here tomorrow!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo 04-05 vs 997TT 07-09