Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2 Details I hate about the Aventador, why did Lamborghini do this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Jpayne981 is on a distinguished road
2 Details I hate about the Aventador, why did Lamborghini do this?

Hey Everyone,

Many times you see posts about people loving every bit of supercars because they are much of the word SUPER; but after spending much time in an Aventador, both a new one and one with over 10,000 miles...there are 2 things I HATE about the car, and don't understand Lamborghini's thought process behind their design.

First...this thing.

Many people Rave about how cool this start switch is, but to be honest, since the first time I ever flipped up the switch I was extremely underwhelmed because of how flimsy it feels. It feels as though the red flap is made of plastic from a tub-a-ware container rather than a $500,000 supercar. They could have made it a small piece of aluminum, much like the dash trim.

Next is the Door handles. The standard silver PLASTIC door handles are awful. The door lever is made of metal, so why isn't the door handle? The aventador I spent time in that had 10,000 miles in it had a very squeaky door handle that sounded like an old TV remote from the 90s, grab and squeeze it and it would creak. Couldn't they have added 5 pounds to the car to make 2 Metal door handles, especially since it takes nearly 40 lbs to pull down those enormous doors.

the New aventador didn't yet have these symptoms, but I'm sure after a year or two it will have the same problem.

IMO all the pieces of trim that you touch should feel amazing, and of high quality. Who cares that the headliner is made from scarless italian leather if everything you regularly touch is made from low grade plastic.

/Endrant

now please discuss lol

Old 08-06-2014, 03:14 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
At the end of the day its a car. I care about the feel of driving a car not the door handle.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:42 PM
that may be true with other cars, but when you pay a half million dollars for a car. I expect more.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:29 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Its a sports car, not a rolls.

Just sayin'.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:01 PM
sunburned is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
Its a sports car, not a rolls.

Just sayin'.
Right, but it costs more than a Rolls...

Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Weight savings where it makes sense?

Old 08-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
The only thing I hate about the Aventador is the price....lol

Old 08-07-2014, 11:19 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Spend more and get cf door handles. Duh!

Old 08-10-2014, 05:53 PM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
I don't mind the flip access and the door pull has not yet started to creak on mine (and hopefully it will not).

What I have found the most annoying is the number of recalls and the little glitchy things that pop up. I've only had the car since January, and already there have been three recalls. I've also had to have the brake booster replaced (auxiliary pump message and Brake light on). The speaker grill in the dash also popped out and damaged the A-pillar, which had to be replaced. The passenger seat creaked and squeaked when occupied and had to be removed and everything lubricated. On a cold start, I recently got a 'catalyst overheat' message along with the electronic stability program light and another warning light I could not identify (even in the books on the car)...everything went off after about 15 seconds. Often times the downshift into 1st is clunky.

Somethings built into the car that I find annoying...the AC will run even when you want it off if the fuel needs to be cooled off or any time the outside temperature is above 95F. I understand the need to maintain fuel in liquid form before it goes through the injector, but why use the AC system to cool it? Why must I have the AC on if it's 95F+ outside...BS. I also don't know why the car has keyless start, but not keyless entry...ridiculous. The car shifts itself into neutral after a very short time at a stop, which sometimes is unnoticed so when you try to drive off, the car just free revs in neutral. When it does shift into neutral and you notice it, you still have to release and reapply the brake to shift back into gear (if you already have your foot on the brake, it should just shift into gear without having to remove your foot from the brake and then reapply the brake). The temperature sensitivity of the clutch is poor. Just maneuvering the car back into the garage will sometimes get you the 'clutch overheating' message.

While it is a great looking car and is really quick in terms of factory production cars, I expected a lot higher quality and more refinement for the money. It's almost as if the owners are beta testing and doing QC for Lamborghini.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
sunburned is on a distinguished road
Have you guys told Lambo about these items? Since they make so few Aventadors, I'd imagine they would be open to some owner criticism.

Oh, and #richpeopleproblems

Old 08-11-2014, 02:11 PM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
I have discussed / documented these items with the local Lamborghini dealer. I don't know if any of it has been discussed with the Lamborghini corporate in Italy.

Here's another good one. If the coolant temperature / the engine is above a certain temperature, the rear spoiler will go up to vent the engine bay. This happens whether the engine is running and the car is being driven or the car is off and parked. Okay, so that is reasonable to cool off the car. You'd think that the spoiler would go back down automatically when the car cools off. No. You'd think that the spoiler would go back down when the car is cooled off and has been restarted. No. For the spoiler to do back down, the car has to be cooled off and driven over 30 MPH. You want to park the car, let it cool, and put the car cover on, but the cover does not fit well with the spoiler up. So, you have to take the car back out and drive it up the street to get the spoiler back down so you can put the car cover on it / put it away. In the manual on the car, there is a button shown and discussed that is located just below the parking brake switch that is supposed to manually raise and lower the spoiler. This button / switch in fact does not exist and was not an option on any 2012 - 2014 car. Why is it in the book for 2013 cars? I guess they want to use the same book for 2015, when the switch is actually (finally) available.

Another bonus is that even when the language of the MMI is switched to English, some of the dash display and menus are still in Italian. There is no separate language control for the dashboard area...Italiano it is!

Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by BlownVette
I have discussed / documented these items with the local Lamborghini dealer. I don't know if any of it has been discussed with the Lamborghini corporate in Italy.

Here's another good one. If the coolant temperature / the engine is above a certain temperature, the rear spoiler will go up to vent the engine bay. This happens whether the engine is running and the car is being driven or the car is off and parked. Okay, so that is reasonable to cool off the car. You'd think that the spoiler would go back down automatically when the car cools off. No. You'd think that the spoiler would go back down when the car is cooled off and has been restarted. No. For the spoiler to do back down, the car has to be cooled off and driven over 30 MPH. You want to park the car, let it cool, and put the car cover on, but the cover does not fit well with the spoiler up. So, you have to take the car back out and drive it up the street to get the spoiler back down so you can put the car cover on it / put it away. In the manual on the car, there is a button shown and discussed that is located just below the parking brake switch that is supposed to manually raise and lower the spoiler. This button / switch in fact does not exist and was not an option on any 2012 - 2014 car. Why is it in the book for 2013 cars? I guess they want to use the same book for 2015, when the switch is actually (finally) available.

Another bonus is that even when the language of the MMI is switched to English, some of the dash display and menus are still in Italian. There is no separate language control for the dashboard area...Italiano it is!
they should make us the new beta testers for Lamborghini cars, we know it all.

The Catalytic converter CEL that popped up on your dash will most likely be okay, the older Aventador I dealt with had this same CEL, and its the Catalysts melting from high exhaust temperatures, it throws false alarms for quite a long time until they are actually melted.

I ALSO hate that the key for the aventador is the SAME EXACT key as an Audi A4 (except for a small detail). Couldn't they redesign the key for a SUPER car. Completely ridiculous. I have had bad experiences with Lambo Keys

Old 08-11-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Key FOB..I also think it is funny that there is a center button that does absolutely nothing. Mind you, pressing the button makes the lights flash on the car, making you think that it is doing something that you just can't see / find, but no, it's just the lights flashing...who knows the thinking there.

RE: Cats...are you saying you think my cats are on the way out? My Vent is a '13 and only has 2K miles on it.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Don't worry about the Cats. You will be fine, but thats what happened to our Aventador after many laps on a Track, had to replace the cats. For street driving they should never get hot enough to cause any problems, but like i said. The CEL threw a false alarm for many many months before anything problematic occurred.