Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Your opinion on LP640 Coupe vs. LP640 Roadster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Your opinion on LP640 Coupe vs. LP640 Roadster

Just having some last minute thoughts on my LP640 Roadster order...

Is it worth trading in the current roadster for the LP640 Roadster? Should I keep the current one. Anyone here drove the LP ? if so, is it that much more exhillerating than the current murci's?

Should I switch to a Coupe? I put a total of 2200 mi since May on my current Roadster. Would probably get more use out of the LPCoupe being able to drive in chilly nights and well into late fall. Just a thought.

My order to be mfg'd in Jan for March/April Delivery. I picked Monteray Blue with Black quilt interior. Any other color suggestions other than my current Gray, or the popular Yellow,or Orange ?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I saw an LP640 coupe the other night at my local Porsche dealer. The owner was buying his g/f a Cayman S...

I would go for the LP640 coupe if you can. The detailing is magnificent - the offset intake openings, the wheels, the brakes, the quilted leather, the extended front spoiler... All just incredible stuff. It really does stand out (more than a "standard" Murci, if that's possible).

Nice choice!

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 09-25-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Banned
eurotekm3 can only hope to improve
Monteray Blue is the best color ever!!!! Its not so in your face as Orange/Yellow...IMOP

Originally Posted by ShankLMR

Is it worth trading in the current roadster for the LP640 Roadster? Should I keep the current one. Anyone here drove the LP ? if so, is it that much more exhillerating than the current murci's?

Should I switch to a Coupe? I put a total of 2200 mi since May on my current Roadster. Would probably get more use out of the LPCoupe being able to drive in chilly nights and well into late fall. Just a thought.

My order to be mfg'd in Jan for March/April Delivery. I picked Monteray Blue with Black quilt interior. Any other color suggestions other than my current Gray, or the popular Yellow,or Orange ?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future

I personally think lambo convertibles are ugly as hell, no offense. the lp640 is a cool cool car. i would def go for the lp coupe. as far as colors, i like the grey on your current murci.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Shank,

Monterey is gorgeous but white is sick as well.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is on a distinguished road
wow. hard decision. I would definently go with the lp. better looks, better performance. if you get it lets see some pics and reviews

Old 09-25-2006, 11:26 PM
AntonioDestiny is on a distinguished road

I would just keep the Muricy Roadster you already have. Most likely the roadster are going to be a little bit over 400k. If you look at the new 06-05 roadster pricing then look at the ones with 1-2k miles its like BIG *** PRICe gap meaning they are loosing value fast. You will definatley be able to drive the hardtop a little bit more. Is the LP640 roadster worth over 400k to me NAH. I would just stick to the Muricy you have unless you must have an hardtop

Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Antonio, your current roadster is worth $285K to $300K range, take the $100k and buy another toy, and you have enough coupes so the drop top on the roadster is the ultimate beast to have. Seeing the LP in person it really didn't wow me over the current model, I don't see the $100k difference.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
i would be happy with any of your choice...just a thought...put $100k to ford gt TT?

Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
I would personally go with the roadster any day, I love the murci roadster, one of the sickest looking cars out there in my opinion. But I do live in south Florida, so it never really gets cold, and when it does, that is really the time for convertibles. The only think I dont like about the LP is the 1 exhaust pipe, but hey, im sure that can be changed. Good luck with whatever you choose to get.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
invest into something different like mentioned... ariel atom!

Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Turbo Mike is on a distinguished road
please check PM's

Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 AM
93 r1 is on a distinguished road
blue coupe

Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
The Pun
I vote Blue Roadster or White Coupe!!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
White coupe all the way -- you will get more use out of it and it looks better. Trade the G for a G Roadster and call it a day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your opinion on LP640 Coupe vs. LP640 Roadster