Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

should a man be driving a Macan??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 07:39 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Old 03-20-2018, 04:26 AM
calicant is on a distinguished road
I bought a white Macan thinking my wife would like it but it isn't a car I feel girlish in after starting it up and selecting Sports +.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
I hope my wife wants a Macan Turbo. Is a Stelvio somehow more "manly"? Doubt it. Remember the Bulk Figure manual says it's not the car you drive, its the size of the arm hanging out the window....

Old 06-12-2018, 12:53 AM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
A real man would be driving his wife's Boxster while she has the Macan.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Firstorbit84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting opinions. I'm a guy and would definitely daily a Macan. I think it looks less like a chick's car in black, and more like one in white for some reason though.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:09 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
the obvious choice for me is either a Pana GTS or Pana turbo. let the wives drive the SUVs.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:25 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
+1

I have a macan loaner while the 911 is in. I can’t get over how much I like it. I’m 6’ 6” and the width of the interior makes it feel normal sized. But it drives like a sports car...

Go for it!

DRP

Last edited by drspeed; 10-18-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:36 PM
///Bruce is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I hope my wife wants a Macan Turbo. Is a Stelvio somehow more "manly"? Doubt it. Remember the Bulk Figure manual says it's not the car you drive, its the size of the arm hanging out the window....
Careful. The Stelvio has the brake-by-wire, electronic steering and throttle-by-wire.

I have been reading several reviews saying the brake 'feel' is like fingerprints. The units are not calibrated or married in such a way where they're consistent. One pedal was very low and mushy, another was okay. But none were great or good for that matter. The other big one is the steering is VERY tricky. VERY direct. You sneeze, you crash...

RESEARCH on the Stelvio forums. See what others like and dislike. READ up on everything you can before you buy!!!

Old 10-15-2018, 07:51 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Should a woman be driving a Macan?

its a bit of a road weapon. Like any performance car it can be driven mildly, but trust me late for ________ and the Macan can shred up a road. much more so than most cayennes and nobody is asking if a man should drive one of those... 😂

DRP

Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 PM
///Bruce is an unknown quantity at this point
Blow off the comments by the naysayers. They are either jealous or envious or just don't know any better. I've had two BMW X5's An 02 4.6is and an 06 4.8is. The Macan blows them away! The steering in those lets you know it's all wheel drive. This one? The only time I feel like it's AWD is in turns. Then it really surprises me when the front starts pulling rather than plowing. Acceleration? I only have 240 miles on it. Still taking my time with proper break-in. But, I can feel the potential. There's a lot there.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:15 PM
calicant is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jbranda
Guys,

So my setup is that I am trading in my M6 for the Macan S in black due to kid on the way and needing a bigger AWD more practical car. The goal is to drive it for about 3 months and share with the wife then pick up a 911. I have been in sports cars for the last 4 years (6 different cars to be exact & all M and AMG cars). Am i going to be miserable for 3 months without my sports car or is it doable? Understanding that the macan is probable the sportiest SUV on the market today.

thanks for all input
Must be an old M6 if you are trading for a Macan S.

Try driving the Macan Turbo with Performance Package at 440bhp as it will probably be as fast as your M6. I step out of my Aston Martin DB11 V12 (600bhp under the rear wheels) and drive that girly Macan a few times per week. It's absolutely brilliant and the most flawless vehicle I have ever owned.

Great car for a wee addition in the back seat. Good luck with the baby.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:20 PM
Greg2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGreg2010 has a spectacular aura about
I have a 2010 997.2 C4S 6 speed that is an absolute blast to drive -- but not easy to get in/out of and hard on the body with the rough roads in So Cal. So my Macan turbo is my weekday favorite. Not as responsive as the C4S, but far more comfortable to drive in heavy traffic with more upgrades. The wife too loves the Macan, but drives her BMW X3 35i MSport with DSP (also great, but a step or two below the Macan Turbo).

Last edited by Greg2010; 01-26-2019 at 09:26 AM.