Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Macan GTS CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 08:08 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Macan GTS CPO

So my wife is considering selling her '10 C4S 6 speed coupe. She wanted a MBZ SUV....not my idea of her next car. I took her C4S in for some work (Livermore Porsche) and was able to wrangle a '17 Macan as a loaner for a couple of days. She drove it and just loved it (yay). So I told her I would try to find her a CPO'd GTS. I thought, "Yeah, good luck finding that." Amazingly, I found 6 of them on the usual car sites, all '17's with less than 6K miles on them. None in CA of course. What the heck? Is there something I have missed on this great SUV? Why would people buy and then sell a '17 GTS so quickly? BTW, the pricing averaged about $74K and all were CPO GTS's.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:18 AM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
I don't know what the rules are, but I wonder if these cars were driven by Porsche or dealership executives for six months and then CPO'd to move them. I wouldn't expect they came from retail customers (at least not in that number, one or two--maybe.)

Old 12-20-2016, 08:50 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, that's what my wife said too.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
I know a Women who works at the Audi dealership that I got my Audi from, and she does this all the time. She tends to keep it for 6 months, she's gotten everything from s5's to sQ5s. She never keeps them lol

Old 12-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Well, I am hoping I can push this off until the summer of '17. I think I would then buy a Macan GTS (assuming I can find one) and then sell the C4S. I know I am going to regret selling the C4S, as I suspect these are going to be the next G50 cars, but I really can't have 4 cars in a house with 2 drivers. Additionally, I only have a 3 car garage and I do not park my cars outside.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:33 AM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cairo94507
Additionally, I only have a 3 car garage and I do not park my cars outside.
3 car garage. I'm very jealous.
As for CPO. Me..I'd buy a new Mac S over a driven CPO GTS.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:56 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HerMac
me 2.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Hi Guys and thanks for your thoughts. Really? Other than getting a brand new Macan, what is the advantage? I look at it as getting a broken-in Macan where the former owner took the first depreciation hit. I hope to get into one for $15K less than what the original owner paid with less than 10K miles on it. Equipment wise, assuming I agree with your thoughts, what do I lose/gain with the S that would not come/come on the GTS?

Old 01-01-2017, 01:09 PM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
me 2.
Why?

Old 01-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Why?

Old 01-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by cairo94507
Hi Guys and thanks for your thoughts. Really? Other than getting a brand new Macan, what is the advantage? I look at it as getting a broken-in Macan where the former owner took the first depreciation hit. I hope to get into one for $15K less than what the original owner paid with less than 10K miles on it. Equipment wise, assuming I agree with your thoughts, what do I lose/gain with the S that would not come/come on the GTS?
Yeah I don't get it. GTS is better in every way. It has the most options for the money. We have a macan S 2016. It's my wife's and she wants a GTS now

Old 01-02-2017, 11:09 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
'16/'17 Low mileage Macan GTS > new Macan S

For around $70-80K, I'd get a low mileage Macan Turbo.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Yeah I don't get it. GTS is better in every way. It has the most options for the money. We have a macan S 2016. It's my wife's and she wants a GTS now
Better? More bells...better..not really. Just my .02. Not knocking the GTS..I prefer new over pre-owned. Not better in any way. Pride of ownership...I'm as happy with the S as an owner with a GTS. Please don't misunderstand... I wanted a GTS...wife was happy with the S. Could have bought a Turbo if I wanted one. And I will get a GTS if I have to replace one of my cars. I simply said I would not buy a demo. I like new with no fingerprints on it. Especially at that price.
I'd like to hear how the GTS is better. Seats (I have 14's in the S) more comfortable? Stereo sound better. Is the a/c colder. Are the electronics more advanced. Fast? Faster than what. Suspension and brakes..I'm doing ok with the S.
Not arguing anything... The only advantage to buying pre-owned is the buyer got what they wanted at a lower price. And to those that buy CPO...enjoy it. Your money your choice.
Demo/CPO is a used vehicle. You are now the "B" owner. Be sure to do a Carfax...which is absolutely worthless and inaccurate.

Last edited by HerMac; 01-15-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Better? More bells...better..not really. Just my .02. Not knocking the GTS..I prefer new over pre-owned. Not better in any way. Pride of ownership...I'm as happy with the S as an owner with a GTS. Please don't misunderstand... I wanted a GTS...wife was happy with the S. Could have bought a Turbo if I wanted one. And I will get a GTS if I have to replace one of my cars. I simply said I would not buy a demo. I like new with no fingerprints on it. Especially at that price.
I'd like to hear how the GTS is better. Seats (I have 14's in the S) more comfortable? Stereo sound better. Is the a/c colder. Are the electronics more advanced. Fast? Faster than what. Suspension and brakes..I'm doing ok with the S.
Not arguing anything... The only advantage to buying pre-owned is the buyer got what they wanted at a lower price. And to those that buy CPO...enjoy it. Your money your choice.
Demo/CPO is a used vehicle. You are now the "B" owner. Be sure to do a Carfax...which is absolutely worthless and inaccurate.
Oh I just read this thread over. I thought people were debating a used GTS over a used S. that was my confusion. Why someone would choose it over the GTS? I've never bought a used car before but having the macan s for the wife and a 16 cayenne GTS for myself. I would chose the used GTS. The air suspension is a big deal. The adjustability is great. The brakes are better and the interior like the dash and doors are leather. Lastly the sport exhaust is fun. If the CPO car has low miles I'd take that. A GTS is that much better than and S.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
A GTS is that much better than and S.
Did you mean Sportier? Some more unnecessary options. Better I don't think so. Define better. I get better gas mileage, better price on brake replacement (smaller than GTS). The S is less expensive. Insurance is cheaper. Sport exhaust..who needs it. Does the S interior look entry level?
Seriously..what you like is the best...and better. But say a GTS is better than a Macan S is inaccurate.

Last edited by HerMac; 01-15-2017 at 01:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.