Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

911 owner considering buying Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 06:57 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I have a 15 Macan Turbo and it is a blast to drive. I have even autocrossed it to much the surprise of many other cars. Great vehicle, very comfortable and easy to drive.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:14 AM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stevej
I also did the obligatory pram in boot test for family motoring and it fitted. Will keep you posted but looks like an early Xmas present is on the cards.
We did the same and importantly the Macan passed wife’s 2 hockey bags test!. I am 1 month, 2400 Miles into the ownership and I can say it is a blast to drive. The power on tap is absurd and my lord the continuous torque delivery is addicting. Regarding the PSE, others have stated it being not loud enough but it is more than adequate for me. It wails from 3000+ RPM in sports mode and quite entertaining around 5000RPM I have the steering wheel quick access key, the diamond symbol button, set to PSE so I can enjoy it even in comfy mode with the family.

John

Old 11-27-2017, 08:29 PM
porshanut is on a distinguished road
I traded my '16 Carrera S on a Macan GTS in September. I love the GTS and for everyday driving it is fabulous! Drives like a big 911. Love the lower suspension and PSE with the GTS. I drive in the sport mode 90% of the time. I do miss having a 911 in the garage to wash wax and drive, so I just ordered a Carrera T to fill that square.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:06 AM
stevej is an unknown quantity at this point
early days but... picked up our new Macan Turbo PP yesterday, loads of options which I will figure out eventually. Only driven 130kms so far, but first impressions are great. Took the family out for a drive into Zurich today very comfortable drive, plenty of power on tap for a car this size. Heated seats this time of year well worth it, need to figure out the heated steering wheel. Winter tyres a little noisy, but to be expected, should be a hoot with the summers on a warmer weather.

I will get some photos up at a later date, a bit dirty already, here's a couple from the dealer ad.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:21 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Yours looks awesome and similar to the one I have on order .. I take delivery of my Macan PP in less than a month

Old 12-24-2017, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by SLATETT
Yours looks awesome and similar to the one I have on order .. I take delivery of my Macan PP in less than a month
thanks for the feedback, still not driven mine a lot, but sure you are going to love it. I copied one of the other chaps and set the diamond marked button on the steering wheel to activate the sports exhaust, the noise is addictive.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:08 PM
marlon 997 is an unknown quantity at this point
We have both a 997.2 4S and a Macan S -- great combo. I would never get rid off my 911 for a Macan though. Just my two cents.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by marlon 997
We have both a 997.2 4S and a Macan S -- great combo. I would never get rid off my 911 for a Macan though. Just my two cents.
I am with you on that, we have a 996 GT2 and the Macan Turbo PP, both great cars but we have them for different purposes, I don't think they can match each other because of those differences. GT2 is pure animal and the Macan an uber cruiser.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.