Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Greetings - New (somewhat) E55 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:11 AM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Congrats. I LOVE MINE!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Awesome car, stunning pictures.... thanks for sharing.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:09 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Just noticed this, but where are your amber reflectors? i really dislike mine, but your car doesn't seem to even have the markings they were once there...
You can buy the Euro Impact Strips which don't have the orange....or just paint them the boyd color like:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/...a2ca7a42_o.jpg

Old 08-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
[quote=2root4u;1977868]Thanks for the compliments. I must say it's a fun family-mobile. Here's another pic from the Rally to the Bridge event held this past weekend.

Congrats on a great looking E.

I have used Walid and the boys at Funktion a few times in the past. They do pretty damn good work and are an absolute pleasure to deal with.

This really makes me look forward to picking up the CLS55 AMG later this year.

Last edited by amerlemans; 08-03-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:26 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2root4u
The beauty of photoshop Those pics are from the previous owner's friend, and he photoshopped them out. Notice the pic in my previous post.
I thought that might be it - ahh if only car makers didn't put these things on cars!

Originally Posted by madflava
You can buy the Euro Impact Strips which don't have the orange....or just paint them the boyd color like:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/...a2ca7a42_o.jpg
yea, on my SL55 which was black i just painted them black and it looked amazing, totally gone, but my E55 is white, and im a bit worried about doing it... the amber is nasty looking though

Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2root4u
I'm no expert, but I can tell you the aspects that led me to 2005. I heard that the 05/06 received some suspension/steering tweaks that the 03/04s didn't have. Then in 06, they introduced the accordion-type center console like what the current model has. I prefer the split center console. That being said, I would have gone for an 05 or 06. No matter what year you get, they are fun cars -- just make sure you get a warranty! I was lucky to find this beauty with a CPO warranty until 2010.
Hmmm... i have an 04 e55 with that "accordion-style" center console.... i was always told that it was the bluetooth specific console...Are you 100% that was only released to 06 models?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Hmmm... i have an 04 e55 with that "accordion-style" center console.... i was always told that it was the bluetooth specific console...Are you 100% that was only released to 06 models?

Really? Perhaps the previous owner changed it out. I have an early production 05 and it has the clam shell design.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by madflava
Really? Perhaps the previous owner changed it out. I have an early production 05 and it has the clam shell design.
I have every maintenance record for the car and figured the original owner would have mentioned it to me.. Anyone know (or confirm) that this was an option, or part of an option package with bluetooth?

Old 08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
a great value used. consider adding a more aggressive rear trunk spoiler. e63 lip is decent, but still a bit tame.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
a great value used. consider adding a more aggressive rear trunk spoiler. e63 lip is decent, but still a bit tame.
which one do you like? Ive been looking for something a bit more aggressive than the e63 lip too.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 AM
cturbos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up e55

silver on black or light brown is great combo imo. 06 is best year for e55.