Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

CLK 63 BS Market Price Check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:36 PM
sshu930 is infamous around these parts
I wonder how much lower it's gonna be when the new benz coupes come out. It won't be a black series but it should depreciate a decent amount more.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 AM
slykmr is infamous around these parts
Been watching the market for sometime now and it seems to have bottomed out to some degree. Dont see how a new Bezn coupe will hurt the value of a niche car such as the black series. They are really 2 different animals. I dont see a potential buyer going for the Benz coupe justifiying the rawness and lack of creature comforts in the Black Series. Just my .02

Old 04-17-2009, 04:50 PM
BigEasy is infamous around these parts
For what it's worth, I paid in the upper 80s for a beautiful black BS with 8k miles 2 weeks ago. Might have overpaid a little, but they offered more 3k more on my trade than the highest offer than anybody else, so it was worth it to me. Biggest justification for the price was it already had black 20" HRE 891s and new Pirellis, something I was going to have to do on any other BS I purchased, as I'm not a real big fan of the stock wheels. And after having driven it for a 2 weeks, I would have a paid whatever they wanted for it. The sound alone is worth money.

I bought this car as my daily driver and it works absolutely perfectly for that. I buy cars to be driven daily knowing full well it will lose me money on trade (the RS4 cost me 20k on trade-in in less than a year!). That's the price we pay to play this game. But, with that being said, what does everyone think about the long term value on this car? With only 350 in the US, I have to imagine some have been wrecked and some exported. So let's say there's 325 left in the US (I have absolutely NO stats to back this up, just a random cajun guess). Wouldn't that make this a fairly rare car? Or is rare reserved for cars with production numbers of less than 100?

As soon as I can figure out how to post pics, I'll put some up.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
www.photobucket.com

upload them there. its the easiest way to use theinternet

Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BigEasy
For what it's worth, I paid in the upper 80s ...

I bought this car as my daily driver and it works absolutely perfectly for that. ...
But, with that being said, what does everyone think about the long term value on this car? ...
Good deal, I paid upper 90's but that was 8 months ago and I'm still smiling.

If you want value out of it, you may have to keep it a LONG time. Take it to the track, you might come to think of it as a long term car.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
The car I was looking at was in the high 80's with <8K miles. Was offered by a non-MB dealer, so no CPO. I felt the car was overpriced by almost 5-10K. By the time someone could look at it for me, the car was pulled and, presumably, sold. No worries. I can sit patiently awaiting.

That said, I do feel that the prices have flattened (if not bottomed), and they haven't seemed to move much in the past couple of months. Asking prices seem pretty stable.

I keep toying with the DBS idea, but, honestly, I think it's just throwing money down the toilet. They've already lost ~50-100K of value. Surely more to come. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks, all.

CW

Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
another BS CLK 63 price comparison...

I just purchased mine from an MB dealer in Arizona for $85K with 1600 miles, and it is perfect. I previously purchased one new in December 07 (received about $7K off MSRP) and sold it 6 months later as prices began to fall. At $85K for a 1600 mile car this was a no brainer...I missed the other car and it is a perfect companion to my 08 TT. I've said it a million times before on this forum...nothing cooler than a Ferrari (I've owned five of them), but the German's build a superior car and I'm more than content with two of their best offerings now in my garage.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tssci
I just purchased mine from an MB dealer in Arizona for $85K with 1600 miles...
This is about where I see the price. Did it include the extended CPO warranty?

Thanks,

CW

Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Cpo

No it did not...passing on it is how I got it at $85...it was priced initially at $92K and probably still a good deal at that given the miles and condition. Beginning with MY 2006 or 2007, MB reliability has markedly improved to the point where it is costing large dealerships HUGE money in lost warranty claims. I still have the factory warranty balance, and these cars are still cheap to fix compared with my Ferrari experiences so I'm happy to have gotten the car at $85K without the CPO. I consider this car a true bargain at $85K and don't give a hoot if it goes to half its value in a year....I've stopped worry about that when my portolio, home and Turbo also took big hits..it is what it is and I'm just going to drive my cars and enjoy them.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
CarlssonBenz is infamous around these parts
Prices are definitely dropping... Saw a couple of them on autotrader in the low 90k's.

Awesome car for that price.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by tssci
I still have the factory warranty balance, and these cars are still cheap to fix compared with my Ferrari experiences...
Also being from the Ferrari world, I'm used to extraordinarily large bills. My older E55 had zero issues. My RS6 has a few (particularly DRC), but is hugely expensive to repair. I put an extended on the RS6 and have pretty good peace of mind. I'd do the same on the CLK BS, if I choose it. Just to be comfortable.

CW

Old 08-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Been a while, but I wanted to resurrect this thread. I'm probably another year (or more) away from needing to do anything with the RS6, but I keep my eye on BS prices. They seem to have leveled off, and, perhaps, are even a bit on the rise. Although, there must be 6 of them on ebay right now in the high $80Ks. All low mileage. While I don't recall ever seeing them dip into the $70s, I suspect by the time I'm ready to do something, they'll be there (or lower). Thoughts on prices? Anyone?

CW

Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM
ChuckZ is infamous around these parts
^^ They are a bit higher than they were 6-8 months ago and at the very least have leveled off.

FWIW, mine is on eBay right now with 2k miles and it will take $90k to buy it.......

Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 AM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ChuckZ
^^ They are a bit higher than they were 6-8 months ago and at the very least have leveled off.

FWIW, mine is on eBay right now with 2k miles and it will take $90k to buy it.......
Agreed.... I thought I was going to be able to find a low mile white car in the high $70's as a few silvers went that route about 6 months ago, but prices have gone up consistently since then and I just paid $83k for my car, which is nice but not quite as nice as ChuckZ's $90k car.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:15 PM
ChuckZ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by INSman
Agreed.... I thought I was going to be able to find a low mile white car in the high $70's as a few silvers went that route about 6 months ago, but prices have gone up consistently since then and I just paid $83k for my car, which is nice but not quite as nice as ChuckZ's $90k car.
You enjoying that BS? As I mentioned to you; I think you got a smokin deal on your white one (you know they are faster right....).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK 63 BS Market Price Check