Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Selling 997 GT3...SL63 AMG or CLK63 Black Series?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 02:13 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jerrym
Mileage, Pics, price on the GT3?

Thinking of picking one up?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 AM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
Whats the mileage and options of your GT3?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
tnb1786 is infamous around these parts
heres a factor that most none of u have touched on regarding his wife being preggers those buckets arent wide for enough for ppl that have a lil weight on them (no offense). she wants to be comfortable and most importantly the driver (urself) needs to be comfortable. the SL has a different design used for the seats that would be much more favorable to sumone whos preggers. with that being said consider this also the CLK BS uses a coilover system and the SL63 has airmatic (airballast ride control) that is adjustable with the use of a ELM (electronic lowering module). the physical notion of feeling comfortable in seat thats reclines (which the BS doesnt do) and having the smoothness of air being used as suspension is very important....

get the SL thread CLOSED! lol

Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Showstopper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atan888
Whats the mileage and options of your GT3?

Check PM. thanks

Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
taydam is infamous around these parts
I saw a new SL63 amg the other day and all I can say is that it stopped me in my tracks, one of the nicest cars I have ever seen. did i forget to mention it sounded incredible as well .

Old 11-14-2008, 10:02 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Keep the gt3 and go buy a mini van for her..............

Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
Keep the gt3 and go buy a mini van for her..............
LOL...she is not the type that wants to be driving a mini van. She absolutely refuses.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
jerrym is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Thinking of picking one up?
wink wink

Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 PM
1qikctr is infamous around these parts
Go with the blkseries, you cant go wrong.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Scryer_360 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Showstopper
Well it's time for me to sell the 997 GT3 due to my wife is pregnant and needing a more comfortable ride. I'm interested in the SL63 AMG or the CLK 63 Black Series. What are the differences in both besides one is convertible and the other is better for the track. Not interested in tracking but do love the convertible. Any input appreciated. Thanks!
Your wife is pregnant so you want to get her a performance car? You want that kid born with brain damage, the doctor telling you he found pieces of burnt rubber lining your wife's uterus?

Get her an S550 (has to be one of the safest cars on the road) and line the thing with pillows. New baby = no track fun for quite some time anyways (providing you want to be a good parent), so lets stop pretending shall we?

If the above seems brutal and harsh, it is. Don't know if you've had kids before, but I hope you want to protect that as well as you can. A SL63 AMG and CLK 63 Black aren't the hardest of track-setup cars, if one can even call them that, but they definitely aren't cushy and safe like an S-Class or such. Protect that kid, if you are human you're both going to love it more than any car very soon.

/end rant.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Scryer_360
Your wife is pregnant so you want to get her a performance car? You want that kid born with brain damage, the doctor telling you he found pieces of burnt rubber lining your wife's uterus?

Get her an S550 (has to be one of the safest cars on the road) and line the thing with pillows. New baby = no track fun for quite some time anyways (providing you want to be a good parent), so lets stop pretending shall we?

If the above seems brutal and harsh, it is. Don't know if you've had kids before, but I hope you want to protect that as well as you can. A SL63 AMG and CLK 63 Black aren't the hardest of track-setup cars, if one can even call them that, but they definitely aren't cushy and safe like an S-Class or such. Protect that kid, if you are human you're both going to love it more than any car very soon.

/end rant.
I don't know if you saw my sig. but we have an S550 already which belongs to my wife. The GT3 is mine which I want to sell and get either the 2 cars I mentioned above. I want a more comfortable sporty ride for myself and for my wife when she with me. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:20 PM
PC Valkyrie is infamous around these parts
Get the C63 AMG without the performance package (so there won't be the hard suspension).

- it has 4 doors and a rear seat which means easy access for your wife and/or your baby when he/she comes (which means you can use this car even when the baby comes)

- you can still track the C63, have fun, and be competitive on your average lapping day (will likely perform better than the SL63 on a track)

I personally cars like the C63/E90 M3/RS4 are perfect all purpose cars that can serve as a family vehicle, daily driver, and even occasional track car. A few years ago, that's exactly why I got myself a C55, and I still love the car to this day......and yes, it is very capable on a track, which means the C63 should even be better.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Scryer_360 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Showstopper
I don't know if you saw my sig. but we have an S550 already which belongs to my wife. The GT3 is mine which I want to sell and get either the 2 cars I mentioned above. I want a more comfortable sporty ride for myself and for my wife when she with me. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Ah. Reading signatures helps a lot

Well then, go for the SL63. Both cars are great performers, but the SL has more modern styling and is more spacious. I'm told its a little softer even than the Black Series (which already has a good ride). Perfect considering the words "for my wife when she is with me."

Good luck.