Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Anyone ordering a CLS500?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Hamann7
That is a tough question. Phantom interior is disappointing, feels like a BMW 760Li with its sub-grade leather and german feeling interior. Maybach is super nice, but it's just about the most hideous car on the road and its a Mercedes, which doesn't help things.

I would not even consider a Mercedes. MB just doesn't know how to get steering feel or handling right. In this department, they are well behind BMW. One can hardly make the argument that any of the AMG cars are really driver cars, with slushboxes, dead steering, and mushy handling.

BMW has lost me on the styling and iDrive bull****. Customer service with BMW is also horrific. Audis are too generic and stale, and their interiors feel like a VW.

I guess a Porsche Cayenne would be the next thing for me to get??? Thinking about buying an S for Costco trips and hauling **** around. At least it's got space, and it handles impressively for an SUV. Thought about buying a Turbo, but I don't really see the point of a fast SUV, especially when you have 2 fast sports cars already.

If Porsche made a 4 door sedan with 500bhp+, THAT would be my sedan of preference. I pray that one day Porsche will make an AMG and M killer, as they are more than capable of doing so. Only problem for them is that this would cannibalize Audi RS sales.
ty, wait for the Ferrari SUV...

Old 12-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
I have to say I would agree with Tyson, Having been th every dissapointed owner of a SL55 I swore off MB forever, But there is something about the CLS that is very unmercedes like. looks like someone developed an imagination over there, With the Denali lease coming due and our impending move to Florida The CLS55 looks like a fun ride.. Tyson talk me out of it pleeeeez