Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Paint Correction on my SL600 - Part Deaux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
benz-o-rama will become famous soon enoughbenz-o-rama will become famous soon enough
Paint Correction on my SL600 - Part Deaux

2 weeks after DJ Mayo, at Relections Detailing, did a full paint correction on my SL600, I decided to get my windows tinted. Well, the tint shop did a great job at tinting the windows, and as a bonus, decided to completely ruin my freshly detailed car. The car hadn't even had it's first car wash since the correction, so it was covered in the winter's salt, road chemicals, road grime etc...

The Einstein that installed the tint thought it'd be a good idea to take a cloth and wipe huge sweeping spots on the doors, a-pillars, c-pillars and for good measure, a nice effff you, right across my trunk.

Not gonna go into the verbal exchange I had with that shop, but they did the right thing and agreed to pay the bill to have it fixed.

Today, I went back to Reflections Detailing for what can only be described as a religious experience. I saw a detailing god today, and his name is DJ Mayo.

Here's just a few snapshots that I took. Many more to come in the next few days.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
benz-o-rama will become famous soon enoughbenz-o-rama will become famous soon enough

Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
It's fortunate that he could un-do the damage that the tint hacks did to the car. It's disgusting how some people in the auto related service business can have such a complete disregard for anything but their piece of the puzzle: ie, the tint shop. You would think that they would educate their people to just do their damn job and leave the rest of the car alone. At least they had the integrity to pay for the fix job. I do my own paint correction, etc., but it's great that you have found a pro detailer that you can work with. Well done, DJ.