Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

C32 with engine protection mode !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Juan Cortes will become famous soon enough
Angry C32 with engine protection mode !

I need some help with a c32 2002. At high revs in sport mode when it should change from 3 to 4 gear, the engine turns in to a protect engine mode and I feel the kompressor shuts off. No failure is mark by the computer. Does any one know what might be.
Thx
Juan Cortes

Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Sterlingc1975 will become famous soon enoughSterlingc1975 will become famous soon enough
Tranny failure. Have you checked for contamination due to radiator failure..

Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi, I`m sorry, what do you mean with tranny failure? I took tha car for a ride with a mb dealer tech and he connected a computer that showed that the air temperature that was going in the engine was to hot (125 degrees) and it should be not more than 90. I order the kompressor intercooler water pump. I have to instal it and take it for a test. I hope that resolve the problem, because it does not show any failure in the car computer, not even when is happening.........

Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Sterlingc1975 will become famous soon enoughSterlingc1975 will become famous soon enough
Well I hope that resolves the prob for you. I just went thru this nightmare on my 32. First the tech said it was ic pump then told me it was throttle actuator ( throttle body). It was niether so they ate the cost on the replacement parts as I have no warranty. It ended up being trans that's why no codes where present. It's a good idea to have car checked for contamination in trans. Ask your service advisor to check your car for contamination anyway. Mb is refusing to pay for this issue and the cost is upwards of 3 grand to fix at industry shop. It's from faulty mb radiator..

Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
thanks again, and thanks a lot since you are the only guide for this problem....the mb tech is guessing with my money....the other thing to be aware is that I am in Colombia and there are only two c32 and not more than 10 amg........where exactly should they look for contamination and what kind of contamination. when you say trans, you mean gear box or the diferential? and at the end you say it was the radiator, witch one because we have two, the main one and the kompressor one that is the one I ordered the water pump for. Is there a radiator for the diferential?
thanks again!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Smile

Anytime jaun.. Have them do a ph test on main radiator. You service advisor should know what I am talking about. The radiator that fails in this car fails allowing the the coolant to contaminate the trans fluid there by ruining the the transmission. So you will need new radiator, new ic pump, new torque converter, as well as new transmission. It is a huge repair. Mb charges 8,000.00. Out here. I went to Indy shop and got all that installed and done for 3grand. That's why I'm trying to give you a heads up because if you catch in time you can just replace radiator and have tranny fluid flushed and replaced.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Thumbs up

there is something I don't understand. Where does the intergration of fluids takes place. What contaminates what, the trans fuid to the water or the water the to the trans fluid? or both If possible I can call you, my english is better spoken than writen. Today I am at the point of paying 50% of the ic pump. With your experience I can solve the problem in a shorter way!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
This is know as glycol contamination takes place with in the main radiator.. Please check out this link...

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c32-am...xperience.html

Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Did that help you out jaun?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sterlingc1975
Did that help you out jaun?

Yes, a lot but my car problem is not as advance as some people thead about. I will change the trans fluid, that not cheap ,the ic pump and dissconnect the battery for an hour like they said and se how it works.......I will let you know.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Jaun, how did things work out buddy?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Nothing, I call the mb dealer and the ic pump is on the way......as soon I resolve the problem...hope soon, I will let you know....thx

Old 07-15-2011, 08:48 AM
The mb tech also told me that they already tested and there was no glycol contammination......

Old 07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Persian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud ofPersian54 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Juan Cortes
Nothing, I call the mb dealer and the ic pump is on the way......as soon I resolve the problem...hope soon, I will let you know....thx
To keep us posted

Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 PM
My car's failure is not like they describe with glycol contamination .....but today it started to show the problem that is the same when you put the car in parcking and hit the gas pedal......after 4000 rpm its very slow and the kopressor does not work. Today it happend from first to second gear and in second to third . Please advise again that Colombia is far away from amg headquarters and my problem is getting bigger.......a part takes a month or more to be here.......also like I wrote before, the mb tech said it was because the air going inside the engine was too hot, that's why we order the ic water pump.....let's all cross fingers.thx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 with engine protection mode !