Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Todd Lynn Button-down Shirt (new w/ tag)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:32 AM
KompressorKev is on a distinguished road
Todd Lynn Button-down Shirt (new w/ tag)

hey guys,

i have a new w/ tags button-down shirt by Todd Lynn. it's from the f/w 07/08 collection, and it's called the "strigoi shirt." it was used extensively in his runway collection. light grey, with intricate lace detailing down an additional plaquet to hide the buttons and along the edges of the sleeve cuffs. it's a size 50, and fits true-to-size if not a little bit large.

there's only 15 produced worldwide. handmade in france. mine is number 11 of 15.

retail was $960, if you could even find it. i'm selling for only $325.

it's still new w/ tag. this shirt is for someone (size 50) who appreciates a very rare and special piece, that can be worn casually or formally, with a little twist. it would look awesome paired with a smart short jacket, tie, and slim trousers.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:52 AM
$300 OBO? almost all his button-down shirts are $900-1,100 each season. get one new w/ tag for a fraction of that!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:59 AM
crasnickr is on a distinguished road
pics?

Old 07-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Pics from Todd Lynn's runway show. The Strigoi shirt was used extensively in his a/w show. My shirt is light grey.

(in black)

(sleeve cuff open lace detail at bottom)

(in white)

(women's sizing, same shirt, shows cuff detail better)

ok terrible pic i know, but the lighting in my small little dorm isn't the best. this shirt looks best under a jacket imo, with the lace detailing just peaking out a bit for a sharp twist on formalwear.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:45 PM
$275? the new shirts are $1,100.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
crasnickr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
$275? the new shirts are $1,100.
Original price doesnt mean anything! Its very unique (to put it nicely). Hence the lack of interest

Good Luck

Old 07-25-2008, 04:16 AM
i agree it's not for everyone. i'm just offering it to someone who wants something that's well-taiored, a little different (even a bit quirky), and rare. i mention the original price because i think a lot of people haven't heard of todd lynn, and would already question the original $325 asking price. i'm just letting people know that what i'm offering is well below what they could find it at retail, if they wanted such a shirt. again, i agree that only a few people will be interested. but i'm offering it for someone who's into fashion and wants something out of the ordinary. often this kind of detailing that i think makes it unique comes at a hefty price premium. i mention the original price to let them know that i'm offering it at much less than someone can find it for, which is a comparatively good deal for someone who wants a kind of shirt like this.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Adismo is on a distinguished road
strigoi means fanthom, ghost, aparition in romanian. wonder if theres connection

Old 07-25-2008, 04:58 AM
thanks for the info. i'm not sure if there's a connection. todd lynn is canadian born, but designs out of england, and his clothes are made in a french atelier in limited fashion. i don't know if he has any romanian influence. his new collection is going to be called "chimera," referencing the notion of being hybrid, as you can see in his clothes there's a lot of androgyny (he designs for men, then tailors it for women in different sizing and a different cut, but the pieces are essentially "unisex" in design). perhaps he just likes mythical creatures? haha i don't know.