Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS : Porsche Valentine V1 Mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:10 PM
squid is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I would love one of these! Is it still available? Does it bolt right in? (I haven't taken the mirror off and have no idea how it works)

Last edited by squid; 12-04-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:10 PM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by squid
Wow, I would love one of these! Is it still available? Does it bolt right in? (I haven't taken the mirror off and have no idea how it works)
What car? PM me details and I'll see if I can help.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
anyone selling a Valentine One? I need the radar before I can get this cool mirror!

Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 PM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
Yes Stan, the original glass had leaked so I replaced it with two-way glass.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Can this be done to a 997.2 auto dimming mirror?

Old 12-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Sezme
Can this be done to a 997.2 auto dimming mirror?
Yes, although I'd have to get a look inside the mirror to be certain. I'll PM you.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:31 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Any more for sale?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:37 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
When I get a V1 this will be on my list. Nice work!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by bad107
Any more for sale?
Short answer... not really, I have one for a Crossfire/Audi TT with full color display behind two-way glass but it is probably spoken for. Having said that shoot me a PM with what you're looking for and I may be able to help.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:43 PM
rotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura about
Hi I'm looking to upgrade to an aftermarket auto dim mirror for my 06 cayman s (has the regular mirror currently). Would you be able to wire an aftermarket one w/ a two way mirror V1 (stealth look)?

Please let me know, or PM me.

Thanks!

Old 12-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by rotaz
Hi I'm looking to upgrade to an aftermarket auto dim mirror for my 06 cayman s (has the regular mirror currently). Would you be able to wire an aftermarket one w/ a two way mirror V1 (stealth look)?

Please let me know, or PM me.

Thanks!
Combining two-way glass and auto-dimming is very difficult, I've experimented a lot but have trashed a lot of glass so far, have another test I'm doing soon. So... can I etch an auto-dimming mirror - yes, can I make a two-way mirror - yes, both together? Not just yet.

If you are going auto-dim you'll probably end up buying the expensive Porsche mirror, the issue is the mount, the piece on your windshield is proprietary and I have not found any adaptors. You can have it removed and a different mount glued in but there is some risk of the windshield getting cracked. The most common after market mirrors are the Gentex ones, you can have auto-dimming, a compass, home link, all the bells and whistles... but you need something to attach it to which is always the catch.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:58 PM
rotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ukchris
Combining two-way glass and auto-dimming is very difficult, I've experimented a lot but have trashed a lot of glass so far, have another test I'm doing soon. So... can I etch an auto-dimming mirror - yes, can I make a two-way mirror - yes, both together? Not just yet.

If you are going auto-dim you'll probably end up buying the expensive Porsche mirror, the issue is the mount, the piece on your windshield is proprietary and I have not found any adaptors. You can have it removed and a different mount glued in but there is some risk of the windshield getting cracked. The most common after market mirrors are the Gentex ones, you can have auto-dimming, a compass, home link, all the bells and whistles... but you need something to attach it to which is always the catch.
So your recommendation would be to get the Gentex installed w/ the V1 etched into the glass?

Can you PM your cost to do this?

Old 12-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by rotaz
So your recommendation would be to get the Gentex installed w/ the V1 etched into the glass?

Can you PM your cost to do this?
The GenTex is cheaper and they are nice mirrors, the risk is in having the "button" removed from your windshield in order to save around $200 (which you may end up paying someone to remove the button).

A Porsche auto-dim mirror will run around $350 for the mirror alone, by comparison a non-autodimming one is around $75. An auto-dimming Gentex is around $150 depending on the model and features.

I find most Porsche drivers like to stick with OEM but it's all personal choice, I'll PM you some thoughts.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Personally I think auto-dimming is overrated but that's just my opinion

Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Call this one a Christmas special!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FS : Porsche Valentine V1 Mirror