Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Playstation 3 anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
no problem for me...just one less reason to spend $1000 on a toy...but still can't wait...
Well guys, i will let you know how many i get, IF ANY AT ALL, and then we can go from there. thats prob what i should have done from the start. I will let you know in a couple weeks.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
I still don't understand why anyone would buy one of these.

First batches are notorious for having problems, couple that with the fact that Sony is literally throwing these things together as fast as they can and are still failing to meet production numbers. Sorry I will hold off.

They already dropped the target in Japan to 80k from 100k and from 400k to god knows what in the US. My guess is we see around 300k total (Japan and US). Not to mention the DVD player doesn't upconvert.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:14 PM
julianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond repute
Since we are already off topic, anyone know if the numbers for the WII will be limited, or do I have a chance at walking in a store on the release date and buying one?

Old 11-01-2006, 04:48 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by julianBC
Since we are already off topic, anyone know if the numbers for the WII will be limited, or do I have a chance at walking in a store on the release date and buying one?
It'll be substantially easier to get a Wii than a PS3...it may be tough to get a Wii on launch day without a pre-order, but stores will refill stock much, much more quickly than with the PS3...you should be able to get one a couple of weeks after launch by calling ahead (Target and other such stores typically get their new shipments in on Tuesdays)...

Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Definitely won't be able to buy a Wii on release day - demand is so high on this console. I think the Wii will be the big hit this Xmas and will rapidly gain an installed base. Agree that manufacturing will scale much faster and retail will fill stock a few times between launch and 12/25.

The demo's I've seen so far are amazing. The control wand and some of the great titles at launch and shortly after are truly spectacular and creative.

I'm a huge gamer and have to buy all systems and I have a pre-order on this and the PS3 now and I'm looking forward to the Wii more than anything since I think the games will be more innovative and creative from an experiencial perspective.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:40 PM
julianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, I really wish I could have pre ordered. When they have pre orders (refering mainly to the wii), do they ship out enough units to meet the pre order demand AND sell to people waiting?

Old 11-02-2006, 09:47 AM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by julianBC
Damn, I really wish I could have pre ordered. When they have pre orders (refering mainly to the wii), do they ship out enough units to meet the pre order demand AND sell to people waiting?
Unfortunately not usually. Your best choice is to try a store that isn't doing pre-orders (like Target or Shopko) and camp outside early...

I wish I would've pre-ordered as well, but honestly, in order to pre-order from my local EB Games store you would've had to camp outside starting very early in the morning. Yes, this is what we've come to...camping outside JUST for pre-orders (no guarantee that pre-order will be filled on launch either...I had to wait a month for 360 pre-order to get filled).

On a side note, I'd like a Wii at launch, but I'm willing to wait on the PS3. No killer launch games, plus I'd like a white system to match the others (white 360 and an eventual white Wii)...

Old 11-02-2006, 10:14 AM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
I wish they would have done on-line preorders..

I pre-ordered my Xbox360 from Gamestop.com with a multi-game bundle back in June 2005 and it shipped right away on the first day of release in November 2005 and I did not have to camp or wait in line at all..

Old 11-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Joeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the rough
on the ps3 you can record your game onto the harddisk to skip loading times, which is why you would want the biggest HD you can get... 60dosent seem so big now that 10-15GB games (and possibly some reaching the 50GB limit of a duel layer Blue-ray disc) will be on the market.

As for the Wii..Nintendo says it will have plenty availible.... they are not competing against sony or microsoft (smart move...)

Personally, unless you REALLY beleive in blu-ray technology and want to get these movies right away... i wouldn't touch the ps3.
Sony has made a lot of mistakes with their new formats... betamax, minidiscs etc... Xbox360 will have a lot more support from the computer world due to windows vista supporting live play vs xbox360 users

Old 11-04-2006, 12:15 AM
m3 driven is on a distinguished road
Add me to the list if you can get one. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.