Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: Plasma TV's 50" and 42" - Panasonic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bond007
thekind of audience that would buy a second hand plasma is the same that would line up in the morning to get one at a bargain price, or perhaps wait another month or 2 for the price to full down further.
Wait more time for a price drop, sure. But, stating the type of audience I have is the same that would camp out at a Best Buy at 4 AM fighting for a position to be 1 or 5 to get a TV is pretty far off the mark.

Last edited by Michael W.; 11-22-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I know it's bad netiquette to price police but for the sake of verification, I just picked one up @ Costco for $1299. IMO a smoking deal! The only time Costco does this is when they make a huge buy on models that are due to be replaced or have been replaced recently.
Ok, I have adjusted my price on the 42". But, can you confirm what you picked up at Costco? Their website says the Panny 42" is $1,699. There is a $300 coupon if purchased online only. How are you getting it for $1,299?

Old 11-22-2006, 08:44 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
$1599 + $300 instant coupon if you buy it at a Costco location. Yes, I am 100% positive on this. I actually bought it a week before and paid $1599 + $100 instant coupon. When I saw the new price, I got a $200 refund for the price change.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:36 AM
$1599 + $300 instant coupon if you buy it at a Costco location. Yes, I am 100% positive on this. I actually bought it a week before and paid $1599 + $100 instant coupon. When I saw the new price, I got a $200 refund for the price change.
I just got back from Costco, it is $1,699 and the $300 coupon is only good if you buy online. I asked them and they said it has never been $1,599 before coupons.

Can you walk interested buyers how to go about buying this 42" TV for $1,299 from Costco? I went there today and there was no way to buy it for this price. I trust that if you are going to post this price on my for sale ad that you will be able to tell me and others how to go about attaining this price? Here is the Costco link:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1

As I said before, I have no problem if prices are posted on my for sale ad when they are accurate and readily available. But, how is anybody suppossed to sell an item when people post prices from promotional sales where most people will never be able to buy the item for the price posted (Best Buy post above), or where all of the advertising and statements from a particular store disagrees with a price posted?

-- Michael

Last edited by Michael W.; 11-23-2006 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:08 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Michael W.
Yeah, well... This is not a "normal" price, nor a "normal" sale, it is a special event to attract attention and only crazies will be able to buy them. There will be 5 per store and:

"Prior to opening, a line of customers will form outside the store. Starting at 4 A.M. with the front of the line, employees will hand out tickets to customers for these limited quantity items. The tickets, limited to 1 ticket per customer per each item, grant the customer the ability to buy the limited-quantity item between 5 A.M. and noon on Friday. Excludes CDs, DVDs and video games. We are unable to guarantee that all customers in line will receive a ticket."

Is there really a point in ****ting on my for sale thread with this sort of thing? Next time you have an item for sale should I post that a local church has it for free witout stating the caveat that you must play bingo to win it?!?!

If my pricing is off in the weeds I have no problem with people posting that xyz retailer has it for xyz price. But, what exactly is the point of posting a price from a store that almost nobody will be able to buy it for?
Sorry. You didn't seem to mind when Controlit mentioned that prices were less than what you were asking, so I posted what Best Buy was offering, which GENERALLY means that that price will be widely available in the very near future. Good luck with your sale, I apologize if any of your potential buyers will now be up at 4 am waiting in the cold instead of buying your TV.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Is the 42 inch ED or HD?

Old 11-23-2006, 12:02 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Wow...I didn't know I was the "wait in line at 4 AM" type...

Old 11-23-2006, 12:43 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I just got back from Costco, it is $1,699 and the $300 coupon is only good if you buy online. I asked them and they said it has never been $1,599 before coupons.

Can you walk interested buyers how to go about buying this 42" TV for $1,299 from Costco? I went there today and there was no way to buy it for this price. I trust that if you are going to post this price on my for sale ad that you will be able to tell me and others how to go about attaining this price? Here is the Costco link:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1

As I said before, I have no problem if prices are posted on my for sale ad when they are accurate and readily available. But, how is anybody suppossed to sell an item when people post prices from promotional sales where most people will never be able to buy the item for the price posted (Best Buy post above), or where all of the advertising and statements from a particular store disagrees with a price posted?

-- Michael
Michael,

If you re-read my post, it says that I agree that it's bad netiquette to price police. That being said, I am not the original price police "officer" . I just posted to verify that the price posted was readily available when I bought mine over the weekend. Whether that price is a special price or a limited time offer, I have no way of telling you. All I do know is that if you had walked into the Bakersfield Costco on the corner of Panama/Ashe the first end cap you would have seen was a stack of the Panasonic 42" HDTVs with the model number you stated and a price of $1599. There is no indication that the price was promotional, limited, or anything other than their "normal" price with the exception being the instant rebate. I am currently out of town and don't have any plans to go to Costco during Thanksgiving weekend so I can't tell you if the offer is still available. However, if you must have proof of purchase, I will scan my receipt and post it here for you.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 11-23-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Michael I also agree it is bad manners in general to post lower prices in posts like these but you have posted them before to sell and have had no luck...Figured it might help you to know why..

Your prices for the 50's are good and if I were closer I would get one of em..

I much prefer buying over selling...and often just find another place to put another plasma or they make great gifts..

I am sure the nice people here would be happy for you to give them one!

Old 11-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by controlit
Michael I also agree it is bad manners in general to post lower prices in posts like these but you have posted them before to sell and have had no luck...Figured it might help you to know why..

Your prices for the 50's are good and if I were closer I would get one of em..

I much prefer buying over selling...and often just find another place to put another plasma or they make great gifts..

I am sure the nice people here would be happy for you to give them one!
If lower legitimate "everyday" prices exist I have no problem with them being posted. After all, I want to sell what I have at a reasonable price and I was simply unaware of how low the prices have come.

At some point it seems I will have to start giving these away for free. Though, I am sure somebody, ahem, will step in and post that an online website is not only giving them away for free but also giving $200 with the TV, all the while failing to state that it is a pyramid scheme and you have to sign up 125 of your friends to get the $200 and free TV, and follow up that anybody looking to get a TV free would most certainly be willing to embark on the pyramid scheme and that this clearly shows where the market is headed.

Old 11-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Robert,

Not a problem, I was just trying to get clarification.

Michael,

If you re-read my post, it says that I agree that it's bad netiquette to price police. That being said, I am not the original price police "officer" . I just posted to verify that the price posted was readily available when I bought mine over the weekend. Whether that price is a special price or a limited time offer, I have no way of telling you. All I do know is that if you had walked into the Bakersfield Costco on the corner of Panama/Ashe the first end cap you would have seen was a stack of the Panasonic 42" HDTVs with the model number you stated and a price of $1599. There is no indication that the price was promotional, limited, or anything other than their "normal" price with the exception being the instant rebate. I am currently out of town and don't have any plans to go to Costco during Thanksgiving weekend so I can't tell you if the offer is still available. However, if you must have proof of purchase, I will scan my receipt and post it here for you.

Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Todd,

I would have had no problem with you posting what you did had you also posted the restrictions that went along with the pricing. The fact is that $999 is not "normal" pricing, it is for a promotional event and is very limited. The fact is that after the 5 at each store is sold the price goes back up to $1,799 which is their "normal" price. This is no different to posting that CompUSA has the same TV for $250 but leaving out that you have to win a raffle to get that price.

I also don't agree with your generalization that the customers I would get, people that would save a bit of money buying a basicallly brand-new TV from me, are the same that would camp out at a Best Buy at the chance of buying 1 of 5 TV's there. If there are people here that learned about the TV for $999 and camped out and got one, all the more power to them.

Anyway, there is no point in beating this dead horse. My price has been adjusted down to hopefully what would be attractive to some.

-- Michael

Originally Posted by MGoBlue
Sorry. You didn't seem to mind when Controlit mentioned that prices were less than what you were asking, so I posted what Best Buy was offering, which GENERALLY means that that price will be widely available in the very near future. Good luck with your sale, I apologize if any of your potential buyers will now be up at 4 am waiting in the cold instead of buying your TV.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:44 PM
sporters78 is on a distinguished road
Costco tv is 1299 and is HD
just picked one up for the kids

Old 11-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Robert,

Not a problem, I was just trying to get clarification.
Not trying to beat a dead horse with a stick but here it is anyways. I bought two of them one at the old price and one more at the new price.

Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !

Not trying to beat a dead horse with a stick but here it is anyways. I bought two of them one at the old price and one more at the new price.
You paid TAX????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Plasma TV's 50" and 42" - Panasonic