Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: Plasma TV's 50" and 42" - Panasonic

Old 11-21-2006, 03:43 AM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
FS: Plasma TV's 50" and 42" - Panasonic

These are starting to pile up in my house and with prices continually coming down need to get them moved...

1) Brand-new 50" Panasonic TH-50PM50U. Bought new in mid-2006. Selling now for $1,795. ** SOLD **

2) Near-new 50" Panasonic TH-50PX50U. 10 hours total on it. Bought new in mid-2006. Selling now for $1,795. ** SOLD **

3) Basically new 42" Panasonic TH-42PX6U. Bought new a few months ago. Selling now for $1,095. ** AVAILABLE **

All are located in San Jose, CA area. Local buyers only. No sales tax. Prices are firm.

-- Michael

Last edited by Michael W.; 12-13-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Michael, the 42" Panasonic is being sold at Walmart for $1294...Prices really are coming down..

Old 11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
just got a new house in dallas this weekend with a big garage apt/playroom that these TV's would be perfect in......BUT we are over 2000 miles away

Old 11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lizard1
just got a new house in dallas this weekend with a big garage apt/playroom that these TV's would be perfect in......BUT we are over 2000 miles away
Why the face? No Walmart near you?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by controlit
Why the face? No Walmart near you?
I don't like to have to get dressed up to go to Wal-Mart.....just wished the dollar general sold these TV's

Old 11-21-2006, 11:27 AM
blastr17 will become famous soon enough
how is that 42 inch panasonic I was thinking about picking one up?

Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator
I am huge Panasonic plasma fan...Yes there are better but..can't beat them for the money...

Old 11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Michael, the 42" Panasonic is being sold at Walmart for $1294...Prices really are coming down..
I don't understand how it can be so cheap there. They are selling the Panasonic EDTV for $1,200 and the lesser brand (Philips, Hitachi, etc..) 42" for $1,600+. Is it possible the online price is wrong? Have you been to an actual Wal-Mart to see the price?

-- Michael

Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I am huge Panasonic plasma fan...Yes there are better but..can't beat them for the money...
my sentiments exactly

Old 11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Michael W.
I don't understand how it can be so cheap there. They are selling the Panasonic EDTV for $1,200 and the lesser brand (Philips, Hitachi, etc..) 42" for $1,600+. Is it possible the online price is wrong? Have you been to an actual Wal-Mart to see the price?

-- Michael
I was in the same position with mine and decided to keep it, as i always seem to have another room for a plasma..

I just came from a retailer and saw a very similar model, (I will post the model number later)...for $1495...and these guys would probably lower the price.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:17 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all

-- Michael
I hate to tell you this, but Best Buy is selling that model on Friday for $999

edit: that's model number TH-42PX60U

Old 11-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by MGoBlue

Yeah, well... This is not a "normal" price, nor a "normal" sale, it is a special event to attract attention and only crazies will be able to buy them. There will be 5 per store and:

"Prior to opening, a line of customers will form outside the store. Starting at 4 A.M. with the front of the line, employees will hand out tickets to customers for these limited quantity items. The tickets, limited to 1 ticket per customer per each item, grant the customer the ability to buy the limited-quantity item between 5 A.M. and noon on Friday. Excludes CDs, DVDs and video games. We are unable to guarantee that all customers in line will receive a ticket."

Is there really a point in ****ting on my for sale thread with this sort of thing? Next time you have an item for sale should I post that a local church has it for free witout stating the caveat that you must play bingo to win it?!?!

If my pricing is off in the weeds I have no problem with people posting that xyz retailer has it for xyz price. But, what exactly is the point of posting a price from a store that almost nobody will be able to buy it for?

Last edited by Michael W.; 11-22-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:35 PM
bond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, well... This is not a "normal" price, nor a "normal" sale, it is a special event to attract attention and only crazies will be able to buy them. There will be 5 per store and:

"Prior to opening, a line of customers will form outside the store. Starting at 4 A.M. with the front of the line, employees will hand out tickets to customers for these limited quantity items. The tickets, limited to 1 ticket per customer per each item, grant the customer the ability to buy the limited-quantity item between 5 A.M. and noon on Friday. Excludes CDs, DVDs and video games. We are unable to guarantee that all customers in line will receive a ticket."

Is there really a point in ****ting on my for sale thread with this sort of thing? Next time you have an item for sale should I post that a local church has it for free witout stating the caveat that you must play bingo to win it?!?!

If my pricing is off in the weeds I have no problem with people posting that xyz retailer has it for xyz price. But, what exactly is the point of posting a price from a store that almost nobody will be able to buy it for?
thekind of audience that would buy a second hand plasma is the same that would line up in the morning to get one at a bargain price, or perhaps wait another month or 2 for the price to full down further.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:42 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold

-- Michael
I know it's bad netiquette to price police but for the sake of verification, I just picked one up @ Costco for $1299. IMO a smoking deal! The only time Costco does this is when they make a huge buy on models that are due to be replaced or have been replaced recently.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:43 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MGoBlue

WTF!?!? $999! I guess it WAS a smoking deal, until I read this thread!

Last edited by 2thfixr; 11-22-2006 at 06:51 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Plasma TV's 50" and 42" - Panasonic