Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

WTB 13" Black Macbook

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 PM

Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
WTB 13" Black Macbook

Where is the best place to get these things? Can you still get 10% from Apple if you're a student? Do they charge tax or shipping?

How about MacMall, they are offering a $100 rebate.

Also, once I get this, I will be selling my 15" powerbook for cheap.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 PM
wassup61 will become famous soon enoughwassup61 will become famous soon enough
Hey!!
I am a student at the U of I. I can get you the discount if you need it.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
want my one month old macbook pro? It's the 15" cost 2K...

Old 03-09-2007, 02:06 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Student discount is pretty much not paying for tax, cause that is what it comes out to be. Then again, might be different now.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by controlit
What are the specs? How much are you selling for?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by controlit
mark, thanks, but no thanks. the 15" is a little too cumbersome to travel with. i was waiting for a 13" macbook pro, but i'm impatient at this point.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by adybuncio
Student discount is pretty much not paying for tax, cause that is what it comes out to be. Then again, might be different now.
so you get the discount, but they charge you tax?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
i know someone who got the "refreshed" version...on sale on the side of the apple website...looks brand new with full warranty...and he got the new intel 2 duo core for approx $500 cheaper...u may want to look into that

Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Michael W.
What are the specs? How much are you selling for?

• 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 1440 x 900 pixels
  • 1GB memory
  • 120GB hard drive1
  • 6x double-layer SuperDrive
  • ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB SDRAM

I'd sell for $1800 shipped plus Paypal fees if any..Of course I have all the boxes, manuals and everything that came with it..

Old 03-09-2007, 04:53 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
so you get the discount, but they charge you tax?
The discount is like not paying for the tax

Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Yes with Macs if you can get a refreshed one DO IT! you need con either go through Apple's Online store or call each Apple store and see if they have one in stock....I just got my wife that exact model and it was refreshed. All that means is someone bought it, they returned it within 2 weeks and then it was wiped, all sotware reinstalled and everything checked for no signs of wear. You get a discount and teh same warranty as a new one.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by adybuncio
The discount is like not paying for the tax
yes i understand the math. thanks. i want a discount and i don't want to pay tax. if i purchase this out of state from a reseller, it's tax free......

Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
yes i understand the math. thanks. i want a discount and i don't want to pay tax. if i purchase this out of state from a reseller, it's tax free......
Yes, but if there is a problem, you then must ship back....I always buy my major purchases where I can walk in and deal with someone in person, and if its a major prob, I can swap it for another....Getting a Refreshed one is cheaper than the student discount if I remember correctly.I paid $1299 for a black MacBook with 1GB RAM and 120GB HD Core 2 Duo processor....

Old 03-09-2007, 06:09 PM

does refreshed = refurbished? if so the refurbished black macbook is $1299. you can get a new one with student discount for $1399 through apple. not worth it to me. the cheapest i've seen so far is $1394 out the door.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:32 AM
wassup61 will become famous soon enoughwassup61 will become famous soon enough
Best of both worlds... macbook refresh WITH student discount. PM me if i can help

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB 13" Black Macbook