Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Waiting for a smoking deal on a refurb/used laptop, folks...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
That Toshiba above looks decent, no?

Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by teutonictrio
She's got a desktop now, but wants a laptop, and we'll give the desktop to our 4 year old. All she uses it for is email and internet, so it really doesn't have to be that spectacular. Ubid is probably the way I'll go - factory refurbished, and there are a lot of nice dual-core options for around $600.
I'll have to pay attention next time I go to the shopping mall. There is a store that sells strictly refurbished computers, and when I stopped in one day, I couldn't beleive how much off the original price, and hell, they even come with a warranty!

I'll search around on the web and see if I can pull something up for you.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned
Mrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really nice
Todd- I know you are not a MAC fan, but for like 250-400 you can get a GREAT email/internet computer. Very Easy to use and great battery life

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....0.8.7.1.0.1.1

Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
bond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond reputebond007 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.dell.com/content/products...en&s=bsd&cs=04

what is wrong with this laptop? brand new and from dell???

Old 04-09-2007, 10:19 AM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
1QUIK993 had a couple of Vaio's for sale, baller laptop at a reasonable price maybe, best of both worlds!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mrjanko
Todd- I know you are not a MAC fan, but for like 250-400 you can get a GREAT email/internet computer. Very Easy to use and great battery life

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....0.8.7.1.0.1.1
Dude, you've been in New Orleans too long. The $250-400 prices are not for the laptops, but for the protection plans. The laptops start at $1400, and that's Stryke territory...

Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
2thfixr hooked me up with some deals, and I'm now searching for stackable coupons to apply to the deals to get more savings - good stuff.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned
Mrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really niceMrjanko is just really nice
I have seen the 12inch on there for 499.99

Old 04-09-2007, 11:36 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
look at best buy, they got a few acer and toshiba new under 600. i would not buy refurb laptop.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
Dang, there's some snarkiness going in this thread. People need to relax.

That being said, if you're willing to spend a bit more you should check this out:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1172881381600

Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
look at best buy, they got a few acer and toshiba new under 600. i would not buy refurb laptop.
i would NEVER buy an Acer!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned for Eternity
Originally Posted by djmrsulu
Dang, there's some snarkiness going in this thread. People need to relax.

That being said, if you're willing to spend a bit more you should check this out:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1172881381600
Yeah, that's a great one, but sold out...dang it

Old 04-10-2007, 01:03 AM
NVG DRIVER is on a distinguished road
Go to www.COSTCO.COM and check the computer refurb...

ed

Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 AM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
This is OOS online, but check and see if it's in-stock in a Circuit City near to you (there's some here in the Bay Area that do have it, per the website). You'll need to upgrade the RAM if you're planning to run Vista:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pa...sduidp0t489851

Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 AM
tmy727 is on a distinguished road
With technology changing, I wouldn't pick up a refurb laptop either. All the links above (BB, CC, Costco) are great laptops... availability is another issue.

I usually hit Techbargains and local Craigslist when I start shopping... and don't forget if you a have local CompUSA, they might be liquidating.

Link... http://www.notebookforums.com/review...op-coupons.php

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Waiting for a smoking deal on a refurb/used laptop, folks...