Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

WTB - High end Road Bicycle - Carbon or Ti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:33 PM
fastfreddy is on a distinguished road
WTB - High end Road Bicycle - Carbon or Ti

Looking to get back into road cycling. Does anyone have a new/slightly used great bike they want to sell for a great deal.

Looking for a 56cm. Campagnolo Record grouppo or Shimano Durace, Kysirium wheels or equivalent.

PM me with an offer. Cash buyer.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:21 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of

This sounds like what you're looking for.

Look KG386 FULL dura ace components Krysium wheels.

Peter

Old 04-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
You might hit up CarbonCycles...

Old 04-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
LOOKS are HOT!!!! i'm thinking of getting a LOOK 585 or an R3... we'll see. btw does CarbonCycles work at Seven????

Old 04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
here are a few on serotta forum.

http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28494
http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28365
http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28367

these are all from the same guy. he needs to get rid of quite a few(as you can see) so he might be a little flexible, but prices seem fair imo.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
CarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the rough
No, I wish I worked at Seven, but I've been dealin with them well before they hit it large and own one of their early Axiom Ti frames. I honestly preferred them when it was only a handful of folks from Merlin running around building really nice ti-frames.

I don't have any frames available at the moment, especially since my injury has pretty much sidelined me. However, I am giving away some really nice cycling crap that has been used, but I keep my stuff in really good order. I'll start a thread listening the stuff probably over the weekend.

Honestly freddy, I'd go find a really decent (okay really high quality) bike shop and get fit properly. If you have been away for a while, things have changed especially wrt to riding position. Lately, it's been smaller frames with much more aggressive riding setup...not my cup of tea. You can also get some really good smokin deals on last year models. While you're shopping, check out the new Campy Record stuff...pure sex on wheels IMO.

If you want to chat, drop me a PM. Cheers...Rob

Old 04-28-2007, 11:00 PM
SJCS is on a distinguished road
Carbon!

You might consider a Look 595 or 585...

Old 04-28-2007, 11:06 PM
CarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the rough
I'd personally get a Time VXRS over the Look, and the Scott has been an all-time favorite.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:10 PM
SJCS is on a distinguished road
Hmm

VXRS's are very nice, but I don't think there is a cleaner integrated post than the E Post...

Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 PM
why are the Times priced so much higher than the others in the same level??? $6000 vs $3600...pretty big difference...

Old 04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
SJCS, with no disrespect, but meh, I couldn't care less about an integrated seatpost. I find that this causes too many problems, and this can work against you, especially if your body is completely mis-proportioned to the frame geometry. Also, the last thing I need to do is to show up at my proctologists office with a carbon post sticking out of my bum...try explaining that one!

I believe it's more important to focus on the frames riding characteristics. Chasen, the VXRS is uniquely built. For example, the chain stays are asymmetrical from drive and non-drive side. It really is a special frame to ride. There are so many great builders out there from Parlee to Crumpton, which btw Crumpton has been doing very well here in Austin, Texas.

I could ramble for hours on this subject, but I have to admit that I miss the feeling of a nice custom made ti frame, and yes, steel is still real.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
fastfreddy is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the info!! Looks and Sevens are nice. I sold my Seven Sola mtn bike to another 6speeder here.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:48 AM
wow i never knew that about the Time's. very intresting, and must be a totally different feel than the LOOKs of Cervelos.

there is nothing more satisfying than a bike that fits exactly to you and does exactly what you tell it to...custom is definetly the best way to go imo.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 AM
ssarchi is on a distinguished road
So if you have the desire for carbon and want custom, you do not have many choices in the US- Calfee, Seven and who else?
I have a Colnago C-4 that was custom built but in order to do that, I had to buy it thru an Italian shop- and send a drawing. The best money I ever spent on a frame- 6 years later I still love being on it.
I know that many pros never got to ride on custom carbon bikes: Team Discovery for example and I know that they got these guys set-ups dialed in to "perfection"..... but in the days of alum and steel, every pro rider was on a custom frame......
best of luck

Old 04-29-2007, 01:35 PM
well, Serotta makes a full carbon frame, MeiVici, but i don't think Freddy is going to spend over $10,000 when he is just getting back into cycling...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB - High end Road Bicycle - Carbon or Ti