MD/DC/VA 8/17/08 Cars & Coffee 10AM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
I wasn't there, but this is why I don't go on the drives anymore. The young kids drive like complete idiots. Im all for a spirited drive, but there's got to be some respect for the other people on the road. Just my .02.

Originally Posted by fkellyM3
Very very funny...

But seriously, we are going awfully FAST... Don't you all agree?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Carnage is infamous around these parts
Nice meeting a few of you. I'll be coming out more often.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:35 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
I can't say I follow the speed limit all the time, but I generally agree. So I do my speeding on the track now. It's much more fun, and safe.

Originally Posted by maxwell
I wasn't there, but this is why I don't go on the drives anymore. The young kids drive like complete idiots. Im all for a spirited drive, but there's got to be some respect for the other people on the road. Just my .02.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Guys - It could be me, but I really don't think we were being reckless at all (not compared to some runs that we've been on). The areas that we did open up for the most part did not have any other pedestrians/other drivers near us. Some people were acting a little reckless, but I can say, I didn't notice I was going much above. I stuck on the toll road and the portion of the greenway that I lead to about 75-80mph, and when we hit route 7, we were doing about 55-60. It may have seemed like there were pockets of folks going fast but that could be because people needed to catch up.

To be honest, this run out to Summit was not CRAZY....If so, the four cops we passed would have pulled us over immediately, if not, have been called to take us down.....Just my $.02

Old 08-18-2008, 03:05 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I like doing the drives a lot... Spirited is OK but crazy is not... There were a couple of guys at the spring run in March that I asked not to participate in any more of the drives I put together due to unsafe driving...

fkellyM3 seems to be a bit out of line since Chris was leading the pack and we were traveling at a very reasonable pace (thru 3 speed traps without incident)... Traffic was VERY heavy so 3 digit speeds were not possible and would have been extremely irresponsible... Especially considering the traffic conditions...

It's also not responsible to make comments in an open forum about any type of speeding and most certainly should not mention speeds...

Hope to see everyone on my next drive... Maybe I'll do 3 run groups...

Group 1: Movers & Shakers
Group 2: Scenic Beauties
Group 3: Geritol Gang

I like that thar, now that's funny stuff

Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Hey Berk--There was a nice 430 where you guys had parked your cars in the paddock. Was it part of your group? If I had Van's money, that would be my next ride.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Al,
No he wasn't with us unfortunately, but let me tell you it would have been great to see him run with us in the pack. He was with Ivan's (IMA Motorsport) trailer/crew when we got there. I'll ask Ivan who that was.

Van - Al's got a point, either you or Alex have to pony up and get an F-Car in the mix. Don't forget us little p-Car and Euro boys though that day....

Originally Posted by atleung
Hey Berk--There was a nice 430 where you guys had parked your cars in the paddock. Was it part of your group? If I had Van's money, that would be my next ride.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future

Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
You guys are funny...if I decide to buy a F-car I would definitely forget you little P-Car boys I can't picture myself in a Fcar yet maybe one day when I grow up.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
Guys - It could be me, but I really don't think we were being reckless at all (not compared to some runs that we've been on). The areas that we did open up for the most part did not have any other pedestrians/other drivers near us. Some people were acting a little reckless, but I can say, I didn't notice I was going much above. I stuck on the toll road and the portion of the greenway that I lead to about 75-80mph, and when we hit route 7, we were doing about 55-60. It may have seemed like there were pockets of folks going fast but that could be because people needed to catch up.

To be honest, this run out to Summit was not CRAZY....If so, the four cops we passed would have pulled us over immediately, if not, have been called to take us down.....Just my $.02

I believe that I stayed in the left lane for a good portion of the Greenway, and 7 route to keep everyone in a single fluid line. I was following a burgandy camry, with a family inside, most of the trip.

fkellyM3 seems to be a bit out of line since Chris was leading the pack and we were traveling at a very reasonable pace (thru 3 speed traps without incident)... Traffic was VERY heavy so 3 digit speeds were not possible and would have been extremely irresponsible... Especially considering the traffic conditions...

Bull, thanks for the reply!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Pics of Tysons meet, drive up to Summit and Time Attack

Here are some pics I took.

Nice tips Van!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Scott,

Great picture of the Lotus S-240...

HOW THE HELL DID THAT GUY SQUEEZE HIS FAT *** INTO THAT LITTLE POCKET ROCKET

Hey, you got to be able to laugh at yourself in life... I mean, I have to look at myself in the mirror every morning... I'm going to buy one of those mirrors you find at the Carnival that makes you look tall & skinny...

Anyway, I really had a great time... Who's up for a run this Sunday, August 24th??? I have a GREAT route I just tested a week ago and need some Guinea Pigs...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
I'm in for Sunday

Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
On the way up

Arriving at Summit

Bare with me, I'm uploading the pics from my flash to Photobucket then attaching it here.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
^^^ Chris (SEAN996), great pics brother and thanks again for leading us out to Summit for most of the way......You were an excellent lead and in no way do I feel either that you were pushing us beyond the limits....

oh....and in case i forgot to mention, i like that this rally FINALLY there were more pictures of Baby Blue.....hahaha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA 8/17/08 Cars & Coffee 10AM