Baltimore GP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mtmd11
What I, as a three-day participant, choose to focus on is that it was a fun-filled three days over-flowingwith camaraderie, beautiful exotics, and much world-class racing. The chance to participate in such an event may be viewed through a filter of skepticism, complaint, fault-finding, or a more charitable acceptance of the compromise such an undertaking requires. I choose to revel in the enjoyment, make note of some flaws, make recommendations on improvements, and move on, thankful for the opportunity to experience ALMS and Indy Car racing, and doing my very small part to help secure a future for this so that there will be a 'next time' that may be improved upon.

I, for one, am very thankful to have had the opportunity to attend such an event, imperfect as it was, and I am already looking forward to next year.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tonk
Something interesting that happened that I didn't see Saturday was during the Le Mans series, one of the cars actually ripped one of the manhole covers up even though it was welded shut haha. The only reason I saw it was because my mom DVR'd the Le Mans race for me and I just watched it. Gonna watch the Indy race Monday evening.
Hey Tonk,

Can you let me know when the manhole cover was ripped. I want to see that actually. I can replay the race on espn3.

Thanks,
Loay

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by loayo
Hey Tonk,

Can you let me know when the manhole cover was ripped. I want to see that actually. I can replay the race on espn3.

Thanks,
Loay
I deleted it already. I think it was somewhere around the middle in terms of the time. It was one of the prototype cars and it was at turn 9.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by loayo
Hey Tonk,

Thanks,
Loay

It was under yellow for it at Lap 29.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 AM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the info. I just watched and saw it. That was unbelievable. I was sitting right before turn 10 and remember that incident from the race. I was far enough that I could only see it on the jumbo screen right after. I thought it was a part from a car and wondered why they were taking this long and had so many safety/equipment trucks on. Now I know why. They were welding it back!

Unbelievable!

Thanks,
Loay

Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM
1 slow 97 will become famous soon enough
my video of the melay in turn 1 at the start of the ALMS race. Awesome event will be back for sure next year.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...urrent=021.mp4

Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 PM
pseto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
my video of the melay in turn 1 at the start of the ALMS race. Awesome event will be back for sure next year.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...urrent=021.mp4

turn 1 was awesome!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 AM
I made a video from my pictures of the parade lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtenVTQFoJM

Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 AM
anyone have video of the RLL team talk in the BMW corral? I really need for quotes/research, so please let me know what you have. thanks

Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 AM
So the Baltimore Grand Prix was about a month ago and I'm getting behind on photos, so instead of touching up every photo individually like I usually do, I simply ran a batch edit and uploaded them since I wasn't really focusing on taking "great pictures" while I was there.

For the full set (320 pictures), CLICK HERE

Last edited by Tonk; 10-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 AM

Old 10-11-2011, 07:16 AM
very nice pics Chris, especially the cars in motion. always nice to see the forza girls again

Old 10-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Jake's Oy will become famous soon enoughJake's Oy will become famous soon enough
Nice pics Your link to your gallery didn't work for me till I deleted out the extra stuff in front of flicker on the url.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jake's Oy
Nice pics Your link to your gallery didn't work for me till I deleted out the extra stuff in front of flicker on the url.
Thanks! I'm not sure what happened. I fixed it.