Baltimore GP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Chris that's a good idea, alternatively we could use of the two Satellite parking lots that they are making available and catch a shuttle from there.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Received this e-mail today:

On July 25th we finally reached the point with 40 days until race weekend! For those of you who do not know, this means that construction has officially begun. At 7pm on July 25th the first track walls were setup on Light Street in front of the Inner Harbor Amphitheater. Over the next 30 days the remaining track walls will be put in place throughout the 2 mile 13 turn racetrack. that navigates through the Inner Harbor and downtown Baltimore. In total 2,200 12 foot track walls will be used. In addition to the track walls, the grandstands are also in construction. Grandstands are being setup throughout various locations as well as safety fencing along the track. The beginning of this process is a huge step toward our inaugural event because now in less then 40 days, thousands of people will be watching racecars speed through the streets of Baltimore at 180 mph!

The track and grandstands are not the only things currently being constructed. Pedestrian bridges and hospitality units will also be constructed within the next 32 days. These things along with the track will make the Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix a smooth running, successful event. Exactly 30 days after race weekend the grandstands, fencing, hospitality, and all track walls will have been removed with no traces left behind. (Until next year!)

Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Someone on MDStreetScene posted this today:

Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^ looks like the end of the pit straight on Pratt where they will turn right and head toward Conway...awesome...looks like things are getting prepared for the big event!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:16 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
What would be the best way for those of us in the city...assuming there is traffic downtown and surrounding areas? There is a water shuttle from Fells Point also that goes across the marina to close to Light St. ...wondering if that would be wise for folks in Canton, Fells, Brewers Hill and Harbor East...What do you guys think?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait. Although still waiting for tickets through Mid-Atlantic Lamborghini.
Anyone else staying at the Hilton inside the track?
As for parking, planning on just leaving it at the corral for the whole 3 days.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by mtmd11
Can't wait. Although still waiting for tickets through Mid-Atlantic Lamborghini.
Anyone else staying at the Hilton inside the track?
As for parking, planning on just leaving it at the corral for the whole 3 days.
is that allowed? DO they have overnight security watch and gated/fenced off and locked corrall areas? Downtown Bmore is not the safest place to leave a nice car overnight lol

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sunir
is that allowed? DO they have overnight security watch and gated/fenced off and locked corrall areas? Downtown Bmore is not the safest place to leave a nice car overnight lol
I thought $10 an hour, paid upfront of course, would be enough for a group of friendly kids to watch it over-night.... but you think not?
I guess that might be a bad idea... so maybe $15.

I'm pretty sure that the LCA-Mid-Atlantic has 24hr security for the corral. I have heard from several guys that they plan on leaving them there overnight... maybe that has changed, but not that I've heard. It seems a lot with the whole weekend is kind of up in the air.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:41 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
there will be 24hr security of the ALMS paddock and car corrals which is right next to the paddock. you can leave your car in the corral overnight IF you have the proper credentials for those days. i believe each corral can also pay extra to have add'l security

Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
My tickets for the Porsche Platz arrived today. Kind of holographic.

Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
+1!

Bundle #2 of 251. Very cool.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Yeah got my tickets a couple weeks ago! Pretty stoked!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Did not get mine yet ...how does the envelope look?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Mine was just a plain envelope. By the outside you would have never known...however you could tell by feeling the envelope as it had a stack of tickets in it!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Plain envelope with address/office suite...I am having it sent to my work. What did it say under sender info?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baltimore GP?