MIR Track Rental April 2nd 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Alright, I'll check at work tomorrow and see if there's any heartburn with me taking time off. If not I'm in!

BTW - I wouldn't bet on getting in side by side runs on the track at MIR. Unless things have changed they only ever let us run solo when the Supra guys used to rent the track...

I will not be there as my schedule has changed but you best hope Jason and family doesn't allow it or you might wish your car would have come with 16/16G and a driver instead.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Yup. Do it!

Jamie, I don't know if you heard but the first R35 GTR went 9's this week (full interior). My friend just shipped his GTR out to AMS for the same treatment and a little more. Should be awesome.

Berk- Where are you? Here is your chance to see what that TT creation can do!
Yeah I did see that, I wonder if the car lost its streetability though now with all the mods?

Last edited by jamie furman; 03-24-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Alright, I'll check at work tomorrow and see if there's any heartburn with me taking time off. If not I'm in!

BTW - I wouldn't bet on getting in side by side runs on the track at MIR. Unless things have changed they only ever let us run solo when the Supra guys used to rent the track...
Cool! Hope you can come.

I wouldn't bet against it. I got this
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Yeah I did see that, I wonder if the car lost its streetability though now with all the mods?
I don't think it would. I will let you know when my friend gets his car back, I think he said 2 months since he is getting the car resprayed while the motor is out. We can all go grab lunch or hang out at a meet or something and talk cars.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:38 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Anyone know if the helmet rental will be open?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by st4rk
Anyone know if the helmet rental will be open?
Unfortunately it won't

Old 03-30-2010, 06:19 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I've got 3 questions;

1. Can you pay to play on that day?
2. Jamie are you going?
3. What time is everyone going to get there; 10 a.m.?

Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
jimmy is infamous around these partsjimmy is infamous around these parts
You can pay at the front gate, we all try to get there at 9:00 when the track is ready( good and sticky).

Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Mario I won't be able to make it as I am on vacation for spring break with my family at our house in Jupiter Florida. I will definately make the next rental, as I am hoping to see a good improvment on the 10.83 et with the extra 100hp on the rear wheels and I have also put in a new clutch also as I was having some slippage problems myself when I was last out. I am thinking the car is really going to put up some good numbers as it feels really strong, and much stronger than when I ran the 10.83.

Last edited by jamie furman; 03-30-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I've got 3 questions;

1. Can you pay to play on that day?
2. Jamie are you going?
3. What time is everyone going to get there; 10 a.m.?
Originally Posted by jimmy
You can pay at the front gate, we all try to get there at 9:00 when the track is ready( good and sticky).
This is correct. You can just give me the cash when you get there. Gates are supposed to open around 8 and track is supposed to be prepped by 9. They usually run a little late. I will try to show up early and speed the process along so we can get some good runs in early. If you need race gas from the pump they only accept cash.
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Mario I won't be able to make it as I am on vacation for spring break with my family at our house in Jupiter Florida. I will definately make the next rental, as I am hoping to see a good improvment on the 10.83 et with the extra 100hp on the rear wheels and I have also put in a new clutch also as I was having some slippage problems myself when I was last out. I am thinking the car is really going to put up some good numbers as it feels really strong, and much stronger than when I ran the 10.83.
Damn, that thing is going to be a MONSTER! The forecast for next friday is looking good right now

Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM
2SCOOPS is on a distinguished road
This really sucks! I hate it Ahmad but I'm heading down to NC for the Easter holiday. I'm not going to be in town for this one. It looks like you guys are going to have a great day at the track. Text me with some numbers. I hate that I'm going to miss it.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Ven
Ven is on a distinguished road
I plan to arrive between 11 and 11:30.

Vince

996tt

Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by 2SCOOPS
This really sucks! I hate it Ahmad but I'm heading down to NC for the Easter holiday. I'm not going to be in town for this one. It looks like you guys are going to have a great day at the track. Text me with some numbers. I hate that I'm going to miss it.
Damn, I just got home from nyc. I will txt you some numbers. We will get to run again soon I hope
Originally Posted by Ven
I plan to arrive between 11 and 11:30.

Vince

996tt
Ok thats fine see you there.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:53 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Where was everyone? :-( Lots of GT-R, Mercedes, some BMW, race cars, Pro-Mod.... I thought this was a P-car get together but it was wide open. Lots of neat cars and whatnot but a boost leak killed my times. Dropped over 4mph 1st to second run and am boosting less than W/G level it looks like. Argh!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Ven
Ven is on a distinguished road
I arrived at about 12:30. You're right ... it looked like a GTR event : ) I did not run my 996tt ... just parked it near the lanes. I saw only one other p car -- a GT2 parked near a supra tt.

Last edited by Ven; 04-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Where was everyone? :-( Lots of GT-R, Mercedes, some BMW, race cars, Pro-Mod.... I thought this was a P-car get together but it was wide open. Lots of neat cars and whatnot but a boost leak killed my times. Dropped over 4mph 1st to second run and am boosting less than W/G level it looks like. Argh!
It is definitely not a strictly p car event. I like to get a nice eclectic group of cars togther for these. Sucks about the boost leak but I hope you had some fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR Track Rental April 2nd 2010