Detailer in/near Tysons corner, virginia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM
akw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to all
Detailer in/near Tysons corner, virginia

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a detailer in the Tysons area. I'm not opposed to driving to one either...just thought i'd start close to the area i'm in and work out from there.

Any recommendations/experiences appreciated.

Adam

Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 AM
benz-o-rama is infamous around these partsbenz-o-rama is infamous around these parts
You'd be doing yourself and your car a favor if you contacted DJ Mayo at reflections-detailing. He's is probably the best guy in the DC/MD/VA area for paint correction and normal detailing. He was able to do some remarkable things with my Mercedes SL600. It was a complete night and day job. He's the guy that other guys go to to learn how to detail.

http://www.reflectionsdetailing.org/index.html

DJ Mayo - 703-296-2449

Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hit up ALMO. He's a member here and has done all my cars and that of several other members.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I second Almo (Allen), he'll be working on the Exige soon.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:46 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
What's the going rate for a full detail these days?

CW

Old 03-19-2010, 08:07 AM
2008G35xS is infamous around these parts
I second DJ Mayo. I've seen his work on many cars and been to one of his classes.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
No disrespect, but DJ charges 400-500 for a full detail. I find that very excessive.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:37 PM
benz-o-rama is infamous around these partsbenz-o-rama is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
No disrespect, but DJ charges 400-500 for a full detail. I find that very excessive.
Actually, my first paint correction with him was a $1200.00 job. There's cheap, and there's good. We know what bracket you fall into.

Are you still begging for that free detail on your $450.00 Jeep Cherokee you just bought?

That's right....I know about that.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
williocom is infamous around these parts
I agree with DJ Mayo being the best there is around here. He is working on the vette right now doing a full paint correction. Its about $600 but i'll put up some pics and you will all agree.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by benz-o-rama
Actually, my first paint correction with him was a $1200.00 job. There's cheap, and there's good. We know what bracket you fall into.

Are you still begging for that free detail on your $450.00 Jeep Cherokee you just bought?

That's right....I know about that.
Wow!! $1200, really?!?!

That's insane!!!

Last edited by Almo; 03-20-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by williocom
I agree with DJ Mayo being the best there is around here. He is working on the vette right now doing a full paint correction. Its about $600 but i'll put up some pics and you will all agree.
Again, wow!! $600 for a full paint correction... unbelievable! That is what some charge for a complete wet sand to address paint correction and polish back to showroom condition.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:23 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Years ago, in preparation for the Cavallino Classic, I had a car done for about 5 figures. It's CRAZY! But, it did look REALLY good.

CW

Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by Almo
Wow!! $1200, really?!?!

That's insane!!!
You laugh at the price without ever seeing the car? He did discount it quite heavily, but with the days spent on the car, it booked out at $1200. Much of the car needed 4 steps, with some spots needing to be wet sanded.

Last edited by benz-o-rama; 03-21-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
No, I laugh at the price because I have already crossed these pictures previously and knowing what was charged is still insane.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I've been quoted $1,500 to repaint my entire front clip, then $1,000 for a complete clear-bra wrap. I would go this route before spending $1,200 on a temporary fix. Especially if the clear coat is being compromised by a wet sand and not clear sprayed over. That's just my opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer in/near Tysons corner, virginia