broken down at greenbelt metro

Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
broken down at greenbelt metro

Just had my clutch replaced today along with plugs coils etc on my 996 tt Voltage dropped a couple of times on my 20 minute commute here. Tried to jump start car with no luck. Engine wont turn but other electronics work. Checked all fuses all are good. Wanted to give this forum a shot before calling a tow because my car is too low and don't want to damage it.

Last edited by r_matt_6; 03-12-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: issue resolved
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Matt - That sucks. I'll ask around if you're still there. Not a great way to start the day. Believe me, I know how it feels, I've been stalled in the PCar once on the side of the road with minimal battery and it was very frustrating. G/L

Old 09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boochook
Matt - That sucks. I'll ask around if you're still there. Not a great way to start the day. Believe me, I know how it feels, I've been stalled in the PCar once on the side of the road with minimal battery and it was very frustrating. G/L

Thanks berk- man this is frustrating. I was stuck at the metro station till 11pm last night and finally decided to have it towed back to TPC where i had the work done. hopefully they'll find a fix for it...

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Sounds like what happened in my old Dodge Neon when the ECU died. All the electronics worked but I couldn't get the car to start.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tonk
Sounds like what happened in my old Dodge Neon when the ECU died. All the electronics worked but I couldn't get the car to start.
thanks tonk - yeah its kinda strange. some electronics work and some dont. radio wouldnt power on, AC wouldnt work, however, dome lights, brake lights, and dash lights would work sporadically. I had my coolant tank replaced so perhaps coolant was spilled on a few key electrical components? I mean it was working fine before i had the work done...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
keep us posted Matt.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
keep us posted Matt.
Took the car back to TPC where they replaced a faulty starter and ignition. Additionally, the MAF was replaced.

I picked up the car last week and have barely driven the car since. On my way home from work the starter would not turn off. The starter randomly turned on and would just turn even when the car was off and the key out of the ignition!!!!

This is really getting old. I need my car towed and I do not have a tow hook. If anyone local has one that I can borrow I would GREATLY appreciate it I can pick it up and even throw you a few bucks. Thanks!

Last edited by r_matt_6; 03-12-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: resolved
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Sounds like the ignition switch is bad.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Sounds like the ignition switch is bad.
That was just replaced last week as well

Old 09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by r_matt_6
That was just replaced last week as well
That's the only thing I can think of that would cause the car to start up intermitently and w/o key. Sounds like a complete PITA.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
That's the only thing I can think of that would cause the car to start up intermitently and w/o key. Sounds like a complete PITA.

PITA to say the least! I mean...in the past few weeks I've spent over $8k (parts/labor) in the clutch job, routine maintenance, and an unexpected starter replacement...and now this?!! I've maybe put around 150 miles on the car since the starter and clutch job. I'm just hoping the shop provides me with an honest explanation and fix as to why this is going on

This is the second time the car is getting towed back to the shop in about a week or so...

Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 AM
HOLY CRAP MATT!!!! I am so sorry to hear of these issues man. I hope TPC does the right thing for you.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
So your car was fine before you took it to TPC? Then after a clutch job and plugs it starts having electrical problems? Fishy. What is TPC?