And it begins, again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
And it begins, again!

So, I got the vehicle I recently purchased (2002 Seal Grey 996 TT with 13K miles on it) back home and thought I would start detailing the car little by little.

I actually did this before...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...77-begins.html

Only this time I will not be selling this car.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
Looks good but hurts to much to see

I know you will take care of her, but man it is like seeing your ex-wife with her new boyfriend, it still hurts. Enjoy the car, but I can't continue to look at her. I know I said I want you to keep me posted on her progress, but in all honesty I am having big time sellers remorse and my son just started talking to me again, he was crying when you drove away. Damm these cars are special, I will check into the 6speeed site from time to time but right now I need to stay away before I do something NASH and buy another one.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Bill,

These cars are for sure special... hate to see it change hands causing the feelings it did but I couldn't be more happy now finding one in such great shape. For what it is worth, thanks again!

Cheers,
Allen

Old 11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
I can understand both of your current "moods". They are tremendous cars. I am seriously considering getting back into a 996TT. I want to be back in a Porsche by March and the 997TTs are still going to be more than I want to spend.

Congrats Almo.

Last edited by amerlemans; 11-08-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Looks like you are finally back in a car you can be happy with again. Congrats ALMO.

I will be PMing you about me recently picked up M5.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Had time to do the roof tonight and snapped a few quick pictures when I was coming to an end.

Orange w/Menzerna SIP
Red w/Menzerna 106
Wolfgang Deep Seal

Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by TMAC
Looks like you are finally back in a car you can be happy with again. Congrats ALMO.

I will be PMing you about me recently picked up M5.

Thanks!

Just let me know about the images and such... might be able to head out your way one day.

Cheers,
Allen

Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
me thinks you need more light in that garage of yours... that and a wider selection of music playing on the damn iPod!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Vakane is infamous around these parts
Nice work, congrats on the purchase.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Do you use an orbital or Rosie?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Do you use an orbital or Rosie?
I love the Flex (orbital) and will use the PC at times.

I find using little wet sand with orange and white pad with the Flex do the trick on the some of the worst cars I have done.

Not need to use the round abouts burning off more than is needed.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by atisvt99
me thinks you need more light in that garage of yours... that and a wider selection of music playing on the damn iPod!

LOL... yeah, was too lazy to stop detailing and I believe the same album played through like 3 or 4 times.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Clay'ed the back end and passenger side of the car... did small sections with a white pad w/menzerna SIP slow and steady to pull out the swirls so I wouldn't have to use a more aggressive orange pad. White pad was followed by a thick coat of Wolfgang deep seal.

Slowly getting there.

By the way, Happy Birthday to all the USMC leather necks yesterday as well as Happy Veteran’s day to all that have served.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
4x4 status! Haha, that is the thing I hated most about my 996, the damn ride height. I hate the way they raised them to meet US bumper requirements.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by st4rk
4x4 status! Haha, that is the thing I hated most about my 996, the damn ride height. I hate the way they raised them to meet US bumper requirements.
Yes but not for long.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And it begins, again!