Hottest DC lounges and clubs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:00 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hottest DC lounges and clubs

Any suggestions like that of LIMA on K street. Not interested in hanging out with kids in their early 20's but more the young professionals who work hard and play hard..... No Rap, Hip Hop or POP music, but more house, electro house kind of genre like Eric Prydz, Swedish House Mafia, etc. Wifey and I have been talking about releasing some steam again and may have even a kitchen pass one night for a guys night out.....

TIA gents...

Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Berk I stopped going to DC a while back - everywhere you go you'll get 20 year olds that are annoying.

Why don't you plan a nice drive somewhere towards the coastal area and spend the day/night there....just a thought, far better than going to DC.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
+1 for the beach. Everyplace I used to go, Z, Spy, Bank, etc. have been long gone. Seacrets in OC is by far the best time around here.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM
1 slow 97 will become famous soon enough
believe it or not Ozio(i know about as oldschool as it gets) bought the space next door and now has a pretty cool rooftop scene will good house music playing depending the night you go. POV at the W also is a decent chill/lounge type of scene that doesn't typically get to young of a crowd because of the price of drinks. Cities(not to be confused with e citi in tysons) is a really nice place downtown also. Just check the night you are going for the music so you end up on the right night. 1223's newest incarnation called Dirty martini is pretty happening, but then again anything right there on Connecticut and 18th is going to be very young especially on the weekends.

Policy on 14th street upstairs near the U street coridor is also a nice place. If you are taking the wife there are a ton of new amazing places to dine on 14th street, go for dinner and then hit up one of the clubs,bars, or even a speakeasy type place called the Gibson which is all the rage right now.

You have
Cork
El estadio
church key and birch and barley
El Centro
Masa 14
Dickson wine Bar

a ton of cool new places, hope this helps.

Last edited by 1 slow 97; 07-27-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
WOW guys, Thanks for the input.

Mick and Scott - I agree 100%, people do get annoying, especially the young rug rats who "ACT" like they got it all, but end up crawling back home to mommy and daddy's pad in their basement when the night is over. I'm more of a "TABLE" guy now, so can afford to keep the ******bag rif raff's out of my ZONE and just spend it with good friends like we did that night at MUSE....remember Mick.....

Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boochook
WOW guys, Thanks for the input.

Mick and Scott - I agree 100%, people do get annoying, especially the young rug rats who "ACT" like they got it all, but end up crawling back home to mommy and daddy's pad in their basement when the night is over. I'm more of a "TABLE" guy now, so can afford to keep the ******bag rif raff's out of my ZONE and just spend it with good friends like we did that night at MUSE....remember Mick.....
Of course bruv, good times man. Whatever you decide stay safe and have a wicked time.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Agree with everyone else's sentiments. But it extends beyond the 20something croud into pretty much any age. I used to love seeing DJs like Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, Marcus Shulz, but they always attract that d0uch3y croud that acts like they're soooo cool and all that. It really irks me because they are not there for the music, they're just there to be seen and act cool.

So now I stick to more underground stuff like Dubstep and Drum and Bass, attracts a much different crowd and I have a better time.

Sadly this extends to the lounges you are talking about, lots of ******y types go there too. You really have to find an expensive place that the showboaters can't afford (though they seem to afford their one flashy expensive outfit) and get a table or something.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Not sure if you've been to "W" POV nice rooftop lounge/bar/club, check it out if you haven't been.

http://pointofviewdc.com/

Old 07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Great input guys, let's keep them coming. Good to hear people feel the same way as I do.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Here's the scene I'm looking for, like the 3rd anniversary video coverage of Lima.....

Please note for some credible shots in the video:
3:54 - Keep your eyes out for a silver dollar nip shot
4:11 - That girl is GORGEOUS!!!
4:12 - Another silver dollar nip shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMorW1PR7e8

Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Here's the scene I'm looking for, like the 3rd anniversary video coverage of Lima.....
Vegas or South Beach...... all nite every nite. "knowing somebody" will help.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
agreed, but would like a little of that in my backyard. I know we are NO WHERE near a Vegas or South Beach, but something along those lines in our backyard. I keep thinking it's LIMA then.

Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
Vegas or South Beach...... all nite every nite. "knowing somebody" will help.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
agreed, but would like a little of that in my backyard. I know we are NO WHERE near a Vegas or South Beach, but something along those lines in our backyard. I keep thinking it's LIMA then.
I knew what you were asking, but sorry can't really help you on the backyard req. other than what's already been suggested.

I know some local Russian "folks" who know some funky cryptic underground spots... but me myself... I wouldn't try going to them alone.

.... and if there is a way to get off the chain around here like you can in Miami Beach or Vegas I don't really want to know about it.... I got stuff to do every day before 4PM! LOL

Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Spot, Z, Bank, hahaha that was a long time ago for me too.. all closed now eh..

Berk is this somewhere u can park VIP style too I might be down for something like that. And I'm into that same type of music now as well

Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Already done that Russian scene.....my dad lived in Moscow for three years up until last year. :-)

Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
I knew what you were asking, but sorry can't really help you on the backyard req. other than what's already been suggested.

I know some local Russian "folks" who know some funky cryptic underground spots... but me myself... I wouldn't try going to them alone.

.... and if there is a way to get off the chain around here like you can in Miami Beach or Vegas I don't really want to know about it.... I got stuff to do every day before 4PM! LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hottest DC lounges and clubs