Having the vette tuned on dec 2nd...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I believe it was tuned using hptuners last time... I'm not familiar with either shop you mentioned, but I'll do some research today when I get off of work!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by airbrush1
I believe it was tuned using hptuners last time... I'm not familiar with either shop you mentioned, but I'll do some research today when I get off of work!
Both shops are local and tune w/hp tuners & are extremely familiar w/the LS GM platforms.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Ken I agree with Val you NEED a tune buddy your car is running really not right you may be damaging it further the way it is now. Try to stay local with a good tuner at least to get ya set straight if nothing else...power gains at this point should be a secondary concern, once your set straight you can focus on the rest of it

Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
I emailed fbody central, as well as the company that did the tube for the previous owner. I'm not familiar with psi at all, anyone have any experience with those guys?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^^ Ken you may like to post on f body forums I dont know that you would get as much info on the 6 ... As you would about tuning ur car on f body or corvette chat forums?? Either way you may like to find a local tuner of your car and just get a hold over tune until u can get a custom performance tune by your desired tuner next time he is in town... You can alway order an off the shelf tune in the interim online from many tuners who sell to the corvette market... K tech , Calloway , lingentfelter etc....

Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM
There are many reputable tuners in the general area, I'm simply used to having my cars tuned by Hill at agile... I trust him, and know him personally. Unfortunately he's not comfortable with the domestic side of things, and doesn't have software for my vette. Ideally I could get some reccomendations from others I trust as to a local shop. We'll see what fbody and behe say if and when they get back to me.. Until then, I guess you guys will be seeing the civic at maple lawn

Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
^^^ dude go to John Behe he is supposed to be really good I know he has a great reputation in the Porsche community.

Speaking of Hill/Agile...what's the word for the track day? They are looking to orgainize one for the spring, please have Hill or Bobby contact me...

get that vette tuned bud...don't worry about who tunes it...it needs fixed bad heck you can order a tune online and upload the file to cure it in the meantime if Behe or whomever don't work out for you for whatever reason...

Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 PM
BEHE has a spotty reputation in the lsx community... If he gives me a discount because he's already tuned the car, then I'll take it to him for a touchup...

Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
^^^ ask him he will work with you. Try to see what you can get but either way you need a tune, as a friend I am concerned for you bro...that car is not healthy and if it goes it would really be bad both on moral and your wallet. Can't you call up the dozen tuners out there for your car (it's a corvette and we are in America this should be easy) and get a canned tune for now to get her running right?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Trust me I'm workin on it bud I may have a tune mid week next week.... We'll see if behe gets back to me (no response yet)

Old 12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
My preferred tuner might be in town mid week

Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
WIKED6s is on a distinguished road
Ken back in my GN days there was a guy Bill Anderson (had the world record for single turbo GN) he has a shop in Dundalk MD. I know he tunes alot of turbo cars, Mustangs, Camaros GN's etc, I'm sure he could do something with your car. If you're interested I can get his contact info. He has a dyno, his cars put out some serious hp. I know of a GN he tuned that made 1300HP from a 6 cylinder... yup that's fast... let me know if your interested in speaking with him?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I'll certainly take his contact info! Dundalk is close and if he's someone that you'd trust with the GN I'll give him a shout for sure

Old 12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
1 slow 97 will become famous soon enough
not sure it's an option but Vette Doctors in Long Island knows their ****. I drove my old C5 up there to have them tune it and the car was a different animal after they got their hands on it. Also heard good things about ECS who is in jersey, I believe they have like 9 second C5's. I personally wouldn't go to a generic tuner, look for someone who knows the LS motors and is into Domestics. These guys are on Richmond and supposed to be fantastic also

http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/

Old 12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I've heard frost is awesome... I'm definitely going to someone that knows their **** as well, no way I'm trustingly baby to someone who is flying by the seat of their pants!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Having the vette tuned on dec 2nd...