2012 C & C - Great Falls, VA - Katie's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
leoallafila is on a distinguished road
I am so happy I found this group of people, I missed all this. Today was my first time out and I met a very open and welcoming group of people.

I royally suck at names so I'm just going to thank Chris for showing me around and introducing me to other people. The drag strip was also a first for me (they are quite uncommon in Italy). Looking forward to get more involved and I'll be out again on Monday!

P.S.
full tank gone in 120 miles

Old 02-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Lowcash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by leoallafila
I am so happy I found this group of people, I missed all this. Today was my first time out and I met a very open and welcoming group of people.

I royally suck at names so I'm just going to thank Chris for showing me around and introducing me to other people. The drag strip was also a first for me (they are quite uncommon in Italy). Looking forward to get more involved and I'll be out again on Monday!

P.S.
full tank gone in 120 miles
It was good meeting you this morning.

Well that 1 tank a week idea is now out the window. hahahaha

Old 02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Agreed. good day for cars. Don't mention it Leo Looks like a colder day for Kohl's tomorrow....but hell I'll be there for sure.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Very nice turnout. I missed out on this one. Maybe next week.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
G ZILLA is on a distinguished road
subscribed. I have been serveral times with my son. Usually so late I park a half mile away (7am). lol

hope to see you all soon.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
subscribed. I have been serveral times with my son. Usually so late I park a half mile away (7am). lol

hope to see you all soon.
The advantage of Katie's in the off-season (which is now, pretty much, just January & February) is that it sometimes fills up the 'front' lot, but doesn't usually extend beyond that. If you want a 'primo' spot, it still pays to get there no later than 7AM, but there's no one needing to park in the 'hinterlands' right now. I believe that will change with the first sunny, 70-degree Saturday.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcollum
The advantage of Katie's in the off-season (which is now, pretty much, just January & February) is that it sometimes fills up the 'front' lot, but doesn't usually extend beyond that. If you want a 'primo' spot, it still pays to get there no later than 7AM, but there's no one needing to park in the 'hinterlands' right now. I believe that will change with the first sunny, 70-degree Saturday.

--Bob Collum
plan is to attend this Sat. Wife will be down in Williamsburg so Ill have my 20 month and 3 year old Sons rolling with me (the A Team). The other day my 3 year old said... "Hey dad look! Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca! See, see it right there!?" I look over and Im floored. I guess my "motor-head-ness" is being passed on to the next generation!

See you all then...

photo from Saturday added, look for us!

Attached Images  

Last edited by G ZILLA; 02-22-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:17 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Well, I wish the warmer weather could have hung out a little longer, but not matter...I'll be leaving shortly. See yall there.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Dang it I slept in AGAIN!!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
DucatiThunder is on a distinguished road
How about that snow ... WTF??????

Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 02/25/12

A nice turnout this week, and - surprise! It snowed! (The snow showers only lasted a few minutes, and didn't accumulate, but it sure was fun.)
Jeffrey E. and his Lotus Cortina made an appearance.

Scott S. (he owns the red Elise with the clamhinge) brought the gray F355 F1 he just bought.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 02-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Katie's, 02/25/12 - Part 2

More from this morning.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 02-27-2012, 06:36 AM
In love with a Red Pontiac!

Nothing says move over like a bigazz chrome bumper! :-) Ill bring the Buick sometime.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:02 AM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
anyone going tomorrow? The forecast says it's supposed to rain but I've been itching to go for a while now..

Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Lt. Dan is on a distinguished road
I plan on making tomorrow a "car day"... the 944 has been on jackstands for weeks, and it will be on it's wheels again after work tonight... Katie's, then fraggle rock!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C & C - Great Falls, VA - Katie's