The 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
more. Got some up close video but don't know how to post it.

Attached Images      
Old 09-03-2012, 07:14 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Link to webshots album of pics from Saturday. Pics and video of the Indycar qualifying and the ALMS race.

webshots.com album

Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by amerlemans
more. Got some up close video but don't know how to post it.
You post the videos online and then post links to them as you would for pictures.

Originally Posted by mtmd11
Link to webshots album of pics from Saturday. Pics and video of the Indycar qualifying and the ALMS race.

webshots.com album
Nice videos! I was paying attention to the difference in the race line of various cars and drivers on turn 10 during the ALMS race. I wondered how the Indy cars did and your videos showed me what I expected. Even in the rain they turned in much earlier and were on the throttle much earlier. Those indy cars are scary fast! That said, my heart still lies with the GT Class !

Thanks
Loay

Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 AM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by loayo
I was paying attention to the difference in the race line of various cars and drivers on turn 10 during the ALMS race. I wondered how the Indy cars did and your videos showed me what I expected. Even in the rain they turned in much earlier and were on the throttle much earlier. Those indy cars are scary fast!

It is amazing the diference of line choice, braking, accel, and overall speed beween the ALMS classes and between those and the Indy cars.

Having met Al Carter with the TRG Racing 911 GT3 in the GTC class, I had someone to root for, so it made it all the more enjoyable.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Lines can alter based on chassis. Indy cars are downforce cars so wing adjustment and chassis fins make a difference. You drive downforce cars differently then you would a prototype, and you drive a prototype differently then a GT car. Both mechanical grio and aero grip are much better in the Indy car and that also effects line, braking, etc..The open wheel cars will always be much faster. In this case roughly 10 secs a lap faster which is an ocean of time in racing. That gap would have been wider at say Road American, Watkins Glen, or VIR...track configuraitons that favor open wheel cars as opposed to a circuit which was tight and technical where aero grip is not as much of a factor.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
meflyfrc is infamous around these parts
Old 09-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Derp

Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
This looks like us when we go to Tubbys for breakfast

Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of

Old 09-07-2012, 11:23 AM
ssong is infamous around these parts
TONS of great photos in here! I couldn't make it but seeing the coverage made up for it ...kinda, and also made me with I was there even more

Old 09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Ok, time to blow up this thread.

For the full album in higher resolution, CLICK HERE.

*just a warning, the pics will start to look repetitive. I apologize in advance but I couldn't pick out just a few.*

Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 PM

Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Old 09-14-2012, 09:51 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tonk
Dude nice pics! You forgot one my favorite!

Regards,
Loay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix Discussion Thread