2013 C & C, Great Falls, VA - Katie's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Kumaiki is on a distinguished road
If anyone wants to meet up at Maple Lawn first let me know.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:56 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 01/19/13

A cold morning, but the start of a 3-day weekend, so a decent winter Saturday showing. I never saw Chris C. this morning, but we still had at least 3 GTR's.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 01/19/13 - Part 2

More from today...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Katie's, 01/19/13 - Part 3

Still more from 01/19/13...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Katie's, 01/26/13

One of the questions asked most about Cars & Coffee events is, "when do they stop for the year"? My standard answer has been, "if it's not actively raining, or if there's not significant snow, ice or salt on the roads, it's on". This morning was a great example - it snowed lightly, yesterday afternoon thru evening. My local neighborhood streets had about an inch of packed snow this morning, but all other roads were clear of snow, and there looked to be little salt residue left over. The uncertainty of road conditions meant this was not going to be a 'normal' turnout for the very early Katie's crowd. I got to Katie's, as I normally do, around 6:20AM. I was the first car on the parking lot, which is unusual. I'm used to having no less than 3 or 4 people there before me - Dave in his Corvette, Glenn in one of his cars, and at least another random regular.

Doubt about road conditions just pushes attendance later into the morning. We started having car people show up around 6:45AM, with more at 7:00AM, and still more arriving as I left, just past 7:30AM. In general, daily drivers are more commonplace, and would certainly be the norm if the roads are still bad. Still, you'll notice that someone brought out a RWD Ford Lightning truck - gutsy!

Questionable conditions may keep some folks away, and there will be far less cars, and few 'interesting' cars, but car people still come out to sit and talk about things automotive.

One last item - experience shows, if we had this small turnout this week, it will take worse weather to keep people away next week. We don't like extended breaks from our car fixes!

The Katie's morning crew today was Pablo, Gina & Matt...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Katie's, 01/26/13 - Part 2

Seen at Katie's today: This 2001 Acura TL!

Car Guy 1: Isn't that the '01 TL??

Car Guy 2: Yes, in the rare Laguna Green color!

CG1: I think '01 was the year Acura changed the NAV and radio controls!

CG2: None of the pretentious 'Special Edition' nonsense on this car!

CG1: Nope, dead stock. What is it that would describe this car's basic 'rightness'?

CG2: It's totally stock.

CG1: Absolutely. In a thousand years, this will be rare!

Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
just moved up here... does this happen pretty much every Saturday morning?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
just moved up here... does this happen pretty much every Saturday morning?
"if it's not actively raining, or if there's not significant snow, ice or salt on the roads, it's on"

Old 02-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Katie's, 02/02/13

The first Saturday in February - it was clear, but 14F. Lots of salt on the road. But, would people show up? They did, in good numbers.

A big showing of German iron this week. I never did find out why the BMW had a rusted hood.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Katie's, 02/02/13 - Part 2

More from today.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
^^^Do you recall if that black R32 Skyline had an LS1 in it? It looks like my neighbor's but it has different wheels.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tonk
^^^Do you recall if that black R32 Skyline had an LS1 in it? It looks like my neighbor's but it has different wheels.
I didn't see the engine. Anybody else?

--Bob Collum

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
This is my neighbor's. It's a drift car so it's kinda beat up.

Originally Posted by rcollum
I never did find out why the BMW had a rusted hood.
Rusty hoods are a trend with some German cars, mostly older VWs but in recent years it has spread to BMW, Honda and others as well. That E30 above looks like he was going for some rat-rod styling.

For reference:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rusty%20hood&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Attached Images  

Last edited by Tonk; 02-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Chris when are you buying another M?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by tuner1984
Chris when are you buying another M?
My goal is in about two years. Gotta pay down some debt and save up some money first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 C & C, Great Falls, VA - Katie's