Nationwide & Local (Katies) Cars & Coffee History

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
Nationwide & Local (Katies) Cars & Coffee History

Hey guys!

The hype building over this weekends GT-R invasion at the Katies Meet got me wondering about the history of the meet itself, and I realized that not only was there limited information on our local event, but no single source for how the entire nationwide Cars and Coffee movement started to begin with.

I thought the info would provide value/be of interest to the community, so I decided to throw it all down in one centralized spot (specifically in the about section): http://katiescarsandcoffee.com/

If anybody has any more detail to add, I'd be happy to add it to the site!

-Rob

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-28-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: active link
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
DucatiThunder is on a distinguished road
Very cool! Its funny I was out in San Francisco on my ship a few months ago. I had the morning off since I maneuvered all night. Got off looking for a brunch and a local cars and coffee .... no dice on the C&C. This is nice for anyone out of town and wants to have a normal saturday morning!

Old 03-29-2013, 12:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The original cars and coffee started in Irvine California...the rest around the country are copies of that one.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
The original cars and coffee started in Irvine California...the rest around the country are copies of that one.
Hey Sunir - Miss you bud!! (No homo)

Yo - Did you check out the cars and coffee history submenu on the site? The entire history from the Donut Derelics, to Crystal Cove, to Irvine to modern day cars n coffee madness is described in detail!

BTW - I wish I could have made it to the Aston Museum event - I'm sure that was awesome!!

Old 03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by DucatiThunder
Very cool! Its funny I was out in San Francisco on my ship a few months ago. I had the morning off since I maneuvered all night. Got off looking for a brunch and a local cars and coffee .... no dice on the C&C. This is nice for anyone out of town and wants to have a normal saturday morning!
Hey - What ship are you stationed on? I was on the G-Dub for a few years, and we only hit the Med. Would have loved to have gone on a WestPac!

-Rob

Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
If I'm not mistaken - some local group (not local to this area) staked a legal claim to the term "Cars and Coffee" in the context and filed lawsuits against some groups who were using it to describe their local meets.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Drummerboy

BTW - I wish I could have made it to the Aston Museum event - I'm sure that was awesome!!
Hey bud I'm getting together a group to take a cruise out to the Museum in Philly on what is most likely Sunday April 7th ...gonna make it a Museaum and cheesesteaks event! You should come

Check out my thread something like... 'Simeone Museum - Aston Martin 100 year centennial...etc...' in either mid atlantic or Aston Martin forum for details bro

Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 AM
blue_myriddn will become famous soon enoughblue_myriddn will become famous soon enough
This is a brilliant website and a real asset, big props for all the work that went in to it! The map alone is invaluable for planning (just used it 2 minutes ago).

On a side note, I don't know what sort of options your photo album software has but if it could be tagged and searchable that would be awesome as people could type in a make/model and BAM! shiny photos of the car grace their eyes.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Estoril
If I'm not mistaken - some local group (not local to this area) staked a legal claim to the term "Cars and Coffee" in the context and filed lawsuits against some groups who were using it to describe their local meets.

I think you are right Estoril. I know Hunt Valley horsepower made a move regarding that very issue. From what I see now, a quick google search turns up a Gillion cars & coffee websites and FaceBook Pages - everything from Bakersfield C&C, to virginia beach C&C, to Portland CC and more. Would be interesting to find out with the scoop with that is - time to do some digging!

P-Rez

Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Location: Northern VA (not to be confused with the rest of VA)
HRMiracle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blue_myriddn
This is a brilliant website and a real asset, big props for all the work that went in to it! The map alone is invaluable for planning (just used it 2 minutes ago).

On a side note, I don't know what sort of options your photo album software has but if it could be tagged and searchable that would be awesome as people could type in a make/model and BAM! shiny photos of the car grace their eyes.
*blows off dust on 6speed account* I haven't logged onto this joint in a hot minute!

Anyways, thanks dude! Robert and I (Dude with the pic of the Lotus's *** aka OP) put the site up last week and it's already been warmly welcomed by the community! After getting asked a gagillion questions on CarLoveDC about Katie's, details, costs, etc... it was a given to pay homage to literally the #1 C&C in the area... and a great place to refer people back to when they wanted more info (I can't begin to tell you the #1 of times I've asked someone if they'ed attended Katie's and they look at me like I just referred a strip club to them...)

Anyways, the map was also a given... people have no clue where to park, and that's because no one told them! Hopefully a little organization can go a long way in growing one of the most epic meets in the area!!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
ssong is on a distinguished road
Nice work with the site! Good luck with it good sir