2016 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 10:51 AM
VGM911 is on a distinguished road
"rcollum: What happens at Katie's when it suddenly starts raining? Well, those of us in open cars... run away! Today's cars & coffee was doing well, until... it started raining around 7:20AM. A quick exit for all the roadsters."

Wait a minute....didn't any of them put their tops up?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:59 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by VGM911
"rcollum: What happens at Katie's when it suddenly starts raining? Well, those of us in open cars... run away! Today's cars & coffee was doing well, until... it started raining around 7:20AM. A quick exit for all the roadsters."

Wait a minute....didn't any of them put their tops up?
Many of us either have no operational top, or have tops that aren't really watertight. (That's mine below.) Most Cobra replicas also fall into these categories.

--Bob Collum

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3307.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	446974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3309.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	446975  
Old 04-29-2016, 11:02 AM
VGM911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rcollum
Many of us either have no operational top, or have tops that aren't really watertight. (That's mine below.) Most Cobra replicas also fall into these categories.

--Bob Collum

Beautiful Lotus!

Old 04-29-2016, 11:05 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Watertight Alternative LBC (Little British Car)

Originally Posted by VGM911
Beautiful Lotus!
Thanks! I'll drive this one tomorrow, since I know in advance it is going to rain!

--Bob Collum

Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Katie's, 04/30/16

An overcast morning, which meant a slow start, but we ended up with a good turnout, overall.

--Bob Collum

Old 05-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Katie's, 05/07/16

We've had 10 straight days of rain. It rained all day and most of the night Friday. What do we have to do to get a decent weekend? When I left the house, the roads were wet, but we lucked out, and it did not rain at Katie's. The overcast and the wet roads made lots of folks hesitate, but most still showed up, but an hour or so later than usual. An impressive showing, all things considered.

--Bob Collum

Old 05-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Katie's, 05/14/16

This morning, I realized that this year, we are not so much car enthusiasts, as much as sun worshippers. The few times this spring that we see clear skies, the crowds and great cars come out. It sure happened at Katie's this morning!

--Bob Collum

Old 05-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Chipster is on a distinguished road
Where are other places that photos are usually posted? I got rid of the Diablo earlier this year but was there in the orange 05 Gallardo. First time in a long time!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Chipster
Where are other places that photos are usually posted? I got rid of the Diablo earlier this year but was there in the orange 05 Gallardo. First time in a long time!
Sorry, I just looked thru my pictures from 05/14/16, and I don't see an orange Gallardo anywhere - not even in the background of any shots.

--Bob Collum

Old 05-16-2016, 06:33 PM
TurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chipster
Is this your car?

Old 05-17-2016, 06:25 AM
Chipster is on a distinguished road
That's it. Thanks for the pic!

Old 05-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Katie's, 05/21/16

It was a rainy Saturday. That's nothing new; May 2016 has been pretty much a complete washout. It has rained every single weekend. Well, it can't beat us! Even when it rains, we have several people who show up to talk cars.

Our friend Chuck brought his week-old Macan S. Everybody spent pretty much the whole time talking inside Katie's. There were still some interesting vehicles on the lot, though.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 05-28-2016, 06:12 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
Heard it was an amazing turnout today.

Anyone take any pics?

Old 05-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by loayo
Heard it was an amazing turnout today.

Anyone take any pics?
...Yep.

Great weather (for the first time in what seems like months) and a holiday weekend made for a huge day at Katie's. The front lot was mostly full shortly after 6:00AM, and parking anywhere in the complex was essentially non-existent by 7:00AM. A preview of the summer...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 05-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rcollum
This thing is cool

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA