Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

My Pepper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
SilverBlue is on a distinguished road
My Pepper

She was a tradein at the Porsche dealership -PO bought a 997...

It's an '06 MCS with factory JCW kit. He also improved it with a lot of M7 stuff - USS and strut tower, H-tech rear sway.

So, it's fully loaded, I don't plan to mod it anymore :-).

I ditched the stock wheels and run-flats. My a** is loving the improvement. New shoes are OZ's in matt grayish silver

It's still the honeymoon, but I'm loving the drive more each day!

Attached Images   
Old 01-16-2008, 04:42 PM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Nice find! Enjoy in good health.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Responsible user
Bronto will become famous soon enough
Looks good man, the JCW package must make a big difference! Would you find it as entertaining to drive as the Porsch?

Old 01-17-2008, 12:33 PM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
Looks good man, the JCW package must make a big difference! Would you find it as entertaining to drive as the Porsch?
I think he meant that the previous owner traded the Mini in for a 997, not the other way around.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by dzy
I think he meant that the previous owner traded the Mini in for a 997, not the other way around.
Oh didn't catch PO as Previous Owner.... He really downtraded though

Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm finding that with the JCW, it's at least as entertaining as my 996 was. Also, since it's more stealth, it's getting a daily workout whereas the 996, and esp. my 997S, were being driven only once per week.

Yeah, it's a downgrade in car in lots of ways, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I have other expenses to deal with (kid going to college) and the Porsche hobby was needing to be deemphasized. I still got to keep the driving fun with this car.

John

Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
I'm finding that with the JCW, it's at least as entertaining as my 996 was. Also, since it's more stealth, it's getting a daily workout whereas the 996, and esp. my 997S, were being driven only once per week.

Yeah, it's a downgrade in car in lots of ways, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I have other expenses to deal with (kid going to college) and the Porsche hobby was needing to be deemphasized. I still got to keep the driving fun with this car.

John
Sounds good, glad you're enjoying it! But I meant he got a worse car out of the trade

Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Sounds good, glad you're enjoying it! But I meant he got a worse car out of the trade

Bronto, you're too funny!

John

Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Congrats, I like the wheels.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by WyattH
Yeah, they're sweet. A friend of mine is getting those, what size are your's? 16 or 17"?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 PM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Bronto: By the way. I'm still on summer tires
Thinking about making the switch, but it's 5-10C here so I'm not that motivated yet

Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 PM
The OZ wheels

Yeah, they're sweet. A friend of mine is getting those, what size are your's? 16 or 17"?
They're 17", and it seems that they're discontinued at the Tire Rack. So I hope your friend's already got them or he/she ought to order soon.

John

Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
Wyatt, thanks for the compliment! I wasn't sure how the angular wheels would look on a rounded car, but it isn't a bad match.

John

Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 AM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
They're 17", and it seems that they're discontinued at the Tire Rack. So I hope your friend's already got them or he/she ought to order soon.

John
Nice, I think the ones my friend's getting are 17" as well. But he's going to buy them from a fellow miniforummember so he got that covered

DZY: Hehe yeah, it snowed for like half a day here during the winter so it hasn't been a real need to have them on. I still cannot understand people who buy the tires with small nails in them, they really ruin the roads and I get all this s#it on my windscreen and all over the car. Takes much more time to clean the car...

Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Rausner is on a distinguished road
Finally my account has been activated! I'm the guy Bronto's been talking about. Getting OZ Record 18x7 ET38. Hope they fit even after the car's been lowered. It was because of your car I decided to get them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Pepper