Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Got a Mini..Got Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Got a Mini..Got Questions

I got a 09 Mini Cooper S for my daily driver. It was hard to find exactly what I wanted on my dealers lot and I did not want to order and not get a deal. My dealer had this car with 6k miles on it and it was never titled and was the VP of Mini's company car. So I settled for this car.

It has:
Automatic
Premium pkg
Covienence pkg
Cold Weather pkg...yeah I live in Florida but...
Bluetooth/iPod
Chrome Line
Xenons
17" Web Wheels
Sunroof

I need to get some better speakers installed in the stock stereo and it needs tint. Tomorrow I will visit a few car audio places and see what they can do for me.

I also need a good way to mount my Garmin Nuvi and my iPod.

I am curious about some of the heat shields for the Turbo to keep the scoop from melting...wow the bonnet gets hot! I really wonder how much of any isue the mushrooming strut towers are and if the M7 towner brace is worth it?

My wife is not crazy about the cloth seats so I need to either find a set of leatherette seats or some really nice leatherette or real leather seat covers...this seems to be impossible to find.

Last edited by mdrums; 02-10-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
beaner is on a distinguished road
congrats on getting the MINI. i can't help you w/ much of your list. if you would like a sweet leather interior, i can help.....http://www.minspeed.net/minspeedGT.php
pete's interiors are awesome. he can probably help you w/ other items on your list.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:29 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Congrats on the MINI. I would suggest looking at NAM www.northamericanmotoring.com its a great resource for many of your questions.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rossii
Congrats on the MINI. I would suggest looking at NAM www.northamericanmotoring.com its a great resource for many of your questions.
Yep just joined NAM...great site!